Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mails

Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Suddenly the mails are coming again , when a topic has a new message  Nice

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I never had them since my membership, and suddenly I get mails with in it a link to a thread when a new posting has been made. Not sure if I like it, suppose it can be turned off. No idea why this happens suddenly.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
There is something happening to the site, bug, virus or hacker, I am not sure. I have always had that. See under the box where you answer me by clicking on a quick reply or reply button and you see "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic.
By default is is ticked but if you un-tick it, you will not receive replies or notices there of.
Question--- Can you post pictures??? Some of us (Richard and myself so far) can not post pictures here now.
Yet this posts. Weird. Old Budgie Police car I restored about 10 years ago.

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I have received notifications the whole time I have been a member.

I haven't had any trouble posting photos so far but I will try.

Nope no good

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I haven't changed anything to my notifications. I always clicked the box to be notified if someone replied but never recieved any.

Here images of the two 'books' I revieved of Glenn Miller: one with 14 and one with 15 EP's! Although that procedure of adding pictures is the same, and it reads 'pictures added', the pictures don't show.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes Keesie, that's what I found the process seems OK but the photo just doesn't show.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Something has changed as my notifications are put in my inbox now but up until last week they were all put in my spam file and have been for a year ..
I have changed nothing so my anti virus program thinks they are not a threat now?

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I have let admin know about the failure of the picture loader.
As for the notifications, you have to have your email address in your profile to be able to receive notices of posts you have posted on and then only if you LEAVE the the check box as it is. By default it is set to notify you so if you uncheck that box, you will not get a message from the system. If that is what you have, I have not idea why your not receiving notices. I have always received notices since I joined 10 years ago. Same as DinkyDi

I just tried to post a car photo to no avail.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #9

Gold Boarder
You can work around the picture problem by editing the photo url and removing part of the path.

Remove the /thumbnails directory

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #10

thank you

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Hi

I received them up untill a year ago ,then it stopped and now it started again ??
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by blackstone.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I don't get to see your "Thumbnails" until the picture has been posted. For some reason the site is putting that in as it is not in my file name when I select a file. I post and close the first dialogue box telling you it is posted and the next one shows the file name with thumbnails in the file name. I will send this to Admin too.
Tried your method and it works.

I am going through your steps and copying to my hard drive to send to admin with a step-by-step that should not be this way. That is why my pictures.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Has someone been working on the problem ? This just loaded direct.

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Yes, admin is working in it as I type this. Maybe they have it fixed.
Tom, I copied your idea and put it all in an email to Admin and some of the members here that I have emails for.
Hopefully it is fixed now.
Jim

Re: Mails 2 years, 5 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
From Admin on the problems.

We had some post server move issues with cloud migration with all sites migrated. Its all being worked on so this is likely the case.
Well, this picture worked so it seems random as they work on the problem

The following user(s) said Thank You: vs-Admin
  • Page: