Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
michael77 wrote:
Damn still can’t post images

All you need to do is to change the file extension from "jpeg" to "jpg" - the site never accepted jpeg-extensions.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:
michael77 wrote:

All you need to do is to change the file extension from "jpeg" to "jpg" - the site never accepted jpeg-extensions.

Done that still doesn’t work for some reason

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
That's great Keesie, was this the article you mentioned a while back , I will try to get a copy.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
michael77 wrote:

You need to change the JPEG file to a JPG file. This site does not recognize JPEG files. I use Paint if you have that and export as a JPG file. You can't just change the file extension. Most picture editing programs should have a save as option or an export option where you can designate how it is saved. There are many picture formats to choose from too.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Yes Andy, that is the article. It could not have been any other article, because it does not happen too often that a big magazine places an article of mine....haha.

As I said, the reporter is a freelancer, and she said at the time of the interview (November 2016) that she was working for the Collectors Gazette, and they would place it. However, the only picture she had was me with the time machine, so she contacted me, interested in my other makings. Then we had a full report with pictures and sent it to the magazine. Thing is, I had the feeling it would then be placed, but the reporter can NOT influence that. So it took over a year......

In the mean time she already suggested that she would contact the magazine because a few pictures were left off. So it was easy to make a part 2, of which we have no idea when and if it will be placed.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I am glad it all came good for you Kees and feel partly responsible for you being given an article because it was me who invited Anne and her photographer friend to that toy fair to cover a new model book launch and I suggested they come and see your models.

Getting articles produced and published does take a long time and as you said, she was freelancing and the decision was not hers regards placing pictures in any model media, that is usually left upto the editor, so she had done her bit.

I was also posed for some extra pictures at the same toy fair, but these have not been seen in any magazine (so far!), additional to the pictures that did appear in an issue of 'Diecast Collector' featuring some of my collection.

You and me Kees, we are climbing to the top and becoming stars in the model car World Ha! Ha!

Rollerman.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
michael77 wrote:

You need to change the JPEG file to a JPG file. This site does not recognize JPEG files. I use Paint if you have that and export as a JPG file. You can't just change the file extension. Most picture editing programs should have a save as option or an export option where you can designate how it is saved. There are many picture formats to choose from too.

I don’t have a Microsoft pc as I use an iPad or my iPhone to post here there are lots and lots of photo editing apps for the OS I use as you can imagine I’ve even used Apples iPhoto to convert to JPG files and none seem to work.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #23

This may work.... Not great quality....

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
It worked Niall

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
[quote="michael77"]Nobleco wrote:
michael77 wrote:

I don’t have a Microsoft pc as I use an iPad or my iPhone to post here there are lots and lots of photo editing apps for the OS I use as you can imagine I’ve even used Apples iPhoto to convert to JPG files and none seem to work.

I wonder if there is anyone else who uses iPad of iPhone that can help you. I am on a desk top and a PC so can't help you out.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I use a full size Mac, I transfer the item from iphoto to "Downloads" and change the name to jpg there, that seems to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael77

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Got a call from De Telegraaf, one of the biggest Dutch newpapers. Past Saturday they wanted to place an article about special pushbikes and the stories behind it. Here it is. Text is in Dutch.......

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
nice that we have a celebrity here.....Keesie!!!!!

Im having trouble reading the article from the images posted here though. is there a trick to reading the text? Seems the image quality is not good enough to enlarge it to be able to read it.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #29

Well done Kees. Fine article.

Yes a celeb in our midst
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much guys. the photographer took a lot of pictures, and two were chosen fo the newspaper.

In pic 1 you see '40', which means you find the story on page 40. In the background you see the village where I live. To the left you see the church, which is exactly 500 years old this year. It also has the oldest playable organ in Holland. My grandfather helped restoring it in 1963.

The second picture is taken on the 'ring dyke', surrounding the district against the sea, as we live below sea level.  It reads: Far ahead I have to think where to stop. (the bike does not have brakes, so you cannot stop straight away)