Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations

Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #1

I have this magazine on subscription every month..surprised to see a great article on Kessie and his creations....Well  earned...

Regards Niall

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is very cool. Congratulations Kees.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #3

Edited the topic header Kessie = Keesie

I would love the see and read the article, but it is not online available.... And posting a scan here is an infringement of copyright I think
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Indeed yes! Good old Keesie, I must have a look for this magazine and article! Cool!

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys! Some explain: over a year ago (November 2016) I met this reporter for the Collector's Gazette magazine. As she was intrigued by the model of the time machine I brought, she interviewed me, and pictures were taken. The interview was shelved for more than a year, and last month she asked for pictures of my models and some explain, because the interview would be placed.

Niall was the first one who mailed me saying he read it. I suppose members get the magazine sooner than the shops. No idea if the complete story is allowed to be placed.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I went to ASDA to buy the issue but the swines have stopped stocking it after many years of doing so which means I will have to go by bus to the next town to buy it and congrats Keesie on getting your awesome creations in print

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, I just asked the reporter if it would be ok to place the article here, no answer yet. If you are only after the article, PM me, and I will mail it to you.

By the way, very nice of you to consider to get the mag from somewhere else by bus........
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
michael77 wrote:
I went to ASDA to buy the issue but the swines have stopped stocking it after many years of doing so which means I will have to go by bus to the next town to buy it and congrats Keesie on getting your awesome creations in print

Pick one up for me and I will pay for it and postage to canada. PM me, Please

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
michael77 wrote:

Pick one up for me and I will pay for it and postage to canada. PM me, Please

I will if I can find one thus far drawn a big fat blank none in smiths none in little paper shops this thing is rarer than a mint boxed Dinky 28/1 delivery vans but I ain’t giving up yet

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Got an answer from the reporter that it is ok to place the article. Here it is:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Keesie as I couldn’t find a single issue of collectors gazette anywhere but I went into a nearly new shop and bought these 2 not bad for 50p each and will be restored when my shoulder is healed so not a wasted journey after all !

https://www.planetdiecast.com/hwdphotos/upload_tinymce/thumbnails/E70FFA69-85BF-4CAF-B8EE-38C9A25FBDCD_1518786666.jpeg

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Damn still can’t post images

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
50 p each?????? Unbelievable, where is that shop???!!!!! Although you are not able to place pictures, the link gives the picture. I don't think these need to be restored. The Marcos might need a number on the door, that's all!

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
The front suspension on the bat mobile needs some attention and no the Marcos needs no restoration at all and the shop is called Age UK a charity shop here in the UK. Plus was it you who did the French Dinky Citroen DS Fantamos conversion? I saw one once at a cult tv fair a few years ago Norev did a 1/18 scale version but it looked rubbish
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by michael77.

Re: Keesie a star of the March issue of Collectors Gazette....Congratulations 2 years, 5 months ago #15

Expert Boarder
The Road Rover's a cracking effort!

Always surprised me one of the cottage industry white metal producers hasn't done the 'Corgi' model.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by DedraDodo.