Super find
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Super find

Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Not so super it seems.

Is that badge from a Super Minx.

Always wanted a Dinky Vauxhall Viva to be restored, although i like it better in blue than met.purple. Got all these cars for free.

Need to consult one of my matchbox books on the model A ford vans. Value likely overated at three bucks to nothing

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice haul and how did they get a 425 Horse power engine in that vauxhall or is it like the Tardis, Larger under the hood than it looks.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Probably a slant engine.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
It's got a Chevy badge on the door, so it's probably got a mid-60s 427 big block, cunningly disguised as a Vauxhall 1057cc inline-4.....!

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
It is either that or the motor and transmission being mounted in the front make the driver sit in the rear seating area.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If this car was originally purple, you may have a rare colour one as i have only seen this model in various shades of blue & a white version. Not sure on other peoples knowledge on this purple version it may be rare.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes the purple is rare, but as its repainted orange and missing the bonnet plus tyres i am opting for a more conventional colour.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me like to was originally red looking at the window apertures  and engine bay..

Have personally not come across a purple viva, though I would love to see a picture of one (if anybody has one).

Can someone shed some more light on this?

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Does not look like red to me.

Richard k

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Let's compare the purple or lilac with a splash of red.

Richard k

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
The White and Blue are the only colour combinations I am aware that Dinky has produced, and this does not look like the original paint to me, whether it is in fact red or purple as suggested.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Totally agree.

It does not matter anyway as ibplan to fully repaint it in Mid-blue which suits the car better. Just need to order some parts.
(I have a supplier)

Richard k

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Will look forward to seeing the results, whem you receive the parts.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Parts ordered. Bonnet and window plus 4x tyres.

I actually have more cars that need to be restored and i can easily get both models mint in box. There is no fun in that.
Got the car for free. Spend a little on parts and postage. Then easy quick restoration.
Prep is easy too.

Re: Super find 2 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I agree with the restoration  as it is too far gone, the positive side is that we now know of another colour variation & will be interesting for one to show up in the future.
  • Page: