Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for all that information Jim. I see Rob sometimes on the ferry going to Sandown. He said he just visits, no stall, but collects over a lot of spares from Steve. That explains it.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
The wheel goes round.

2 weeks ago I bought 10 Dinky France Studebaker Chassis cabs from a supplier, in Brighton (U.K.) A few other parts I wanted were unavailable as Rob had bought the complete stock of them the day before.

retirement of the owner.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
There was a casting outfit that shut down do to lack of work earlier this year. I just can't remember the name but they were in England. There is also Patric Tobin's wife Dreamgiirl on eBay who is selling parts now. I used to deal with Pat but his wife got in the way of a deal we were making and I cancelled it out and left his business to him. I have not bought from him or her since. They were both very rude to me and even went so far as to call me names. Wow. This could be from anybody however so good deals can be had but watch out for the big guys at fairs buying lots.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Terry, eh......why TEN Studebakers? What are the other parts you need?

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
The dog......2,50 at Model Car Parts.....

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie, 10 because  I have become metric .      Merely cost I am afraid. They are 15 Euro's each from MCP but I got a discount, and no postage as I drove from Spain to collect them

Other parts needed are the lifting mechanism for the French Dinky Studebaker tipper and (same ?) lifting mech. for French Dinky Studebaker refuse wagon + sliding cover for the same. I will just have to 'bite the bullet' and get them from MCP. The chassis cabs I make into 'alternative' Studebakers, mobile homes, horse boxes e.t.c.   Keeps me from chasing good looking younger women down the street, and making an even  bigger fool of myself

Thanks & have fun

Terry

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Terry, pfff, 'become metric'.......so good to hear you turn them all into unique creations!

Just an idea: when you have them ready, invite all good looking women in your street to have a look at them, and ask them what their favourite is.......

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Ho Ho Ho , ALL the good looking women in the street ? Surely you jest ?

We are number 24 (of 26) on the even numbered side, 50 % of which are empty (either holiday homes or up for sale), the builder ran out of money so the 'odd' numbered side is an open  field where the few (even numbered ) residents (all retired) walk their dogs, so very aromatic. There are NO good looking, or younger women  ( I didn't say chasing them down MY street , , ).

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Well, you might feel sorry, but I live on nr 6, which his the LAST house of a small street....there is only ONE beautiful girl in my street........

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
I know of whom you speak Kees and I agree. Been there and seen it so can attest there is one beautiful girl on that street and it is a small street with few houses. Very pretty, just like the girl.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Could this beautiful girl have 4 wheels instead of 2 legs ?

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Ha ha, good one Corky, but I do not mean a car, I mean my wife!

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Ooops....

My wife has 4 wheels....

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 7 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks to Keesie.
Philippe is back at home tonight.
Here is the thing !

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 7 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
You have to love the members here helping each other out like this.