Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Corky, I sent you a PM.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
As I re-read Corky's postings, it seems as if he is asking the backrest for a female friend........

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Female friends are allowed, to the best of my knowledge .

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
The better, that is why I give the part for free.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Well, I have done an extensive search for Corgi Ghia 241 including the Description and have found no back rests and no rear bumpers. Just cars. What eBay site are you looking on as I am looking world wide and usually get all eBay results. There are no parts other than the tires I sell.

Only thing I can think of is that they don't ship world wide so I won't see them here in Canada.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
You are right Jim, the part is not available as a repro. Things can be confusing comparing parts-suppliers and prices anyway. What about this: MCP Holland sometimes (like now) has a complete model, but it is scrap. He then breaks up the model into separate parts, and sells them. There is no harm in it, nothing illegal. We all know a very old battered model will cost no more then 2 euros/pounds/dollars (I do not mention postage cost). Taking it apart you only have to sell 1 part to be out of the costs. So looking for a specific item like a backrest of a 241 will probably give you one hit. Thing is, you cannot order two, because there is only one........(suppose they are left and right backrests).

Now, suppose I am in Houten. I see a 241 in the box under the table for 2 euros. Look this up for yourself: 2 backrests, 1 glazing, 1 interior, a front and 1 rear bumper, dashboard, interior, wheels, tyres, suspension, left and right door, left and right door panel, engine- and rear boot lid..........thing is, you are never sure if you can sell or use the lot, so 2 euro models are very handy, even if you need just one part. So if the chair still goes up and down, I buy ALL scrap 261 Bond Astons for 1 or 2 euros!

I sure hope Corky will log in soon.........
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Ok, this is the 241 page of Model Car Parts right now. As you can see he took apart a model. It is no good making repro parts when models are avaalable for next to nothing anyway. Of course scrap models are not advertised on Ebay or such, because postage is more than the value of the model.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Ah yes, you forget that not all the world has a dipping pot like you do in Holland and England. Models there are dirt cheap. Whose wrecks you mention that sell for 1 or 2 dollars, euros, pounds gets about 20 to 25 dollars over here. Good ones are a fortune. Besides that, there are only a couple toy shows, fairs and hardly any diecast toys like we collect are there. If they are they are expensive. Can you see paying over $50 US for a used worn ammunition trailer or over $150 for a working playworn Dinky or Corgi Ambulance? I don't think so. Vancouver Island and Edmonton are the closest decent toy fairs to me and I did Vancouver Island fair in 2008 or 2009 and it cost me about $800 just to go there and back to spend about $100 on toys. Edmonton is further way.
I envy you over there with the hoards and hoards of toys, fairs, boot sales, thrift shops and the list goes on. None here.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
SF has much the same pricing and he is probably the one who makes MCP parts too. He makes them as needed for stuff that does not sell lots and has all the moulds from his own toys etc. Has a separate shop by its self that has all the casting and Vac forming and machine shop to make the moulds. You can see some of his equipment on his web site.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Thank you so much Keesie !

My friend will be very happy. And so am I.

Very nice !

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I will PM you after this Corky.

Jim, MCP has firstly the advantage that you can order, and pick up at the toyfair, and his administration proved very good in this. Never did I have trouble nor did I hear this from others. Indeed we are fortunate that we have a concentration of old stuff. Told you last time you should try and live here.......

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
I found a Corgi Ghia 241 for 5€ but the window unit is broken.

Keesie, maybe we can trade, You send me a window unit and you tell me what you need.

greetings.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Chacca, I do not need anything at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Kees, had a long discussion with Steve Flowers about Rob and MCP. Rob buys about 10X the amount from Steve that Steve buys from Rob. Way over balanced. Steve also does the toy fairs but in England only and if your near Glenfield, Leiscester you can stop by his shop to pick up orders.
All Steve's stuff he makes but for the decals which are professional made and I think he buys standard Dinky 15mm tires from France. I saw many heavy metal moulds, sitting on a shelf, that were machined for tires, mostly Matchbox ones but he has Dinky and Corgi large moulds too. Chroming is done in Europe somewhere and he does have original parts. Golden Jacks wheels for one and Vanguard square wing mirrors from Corgi for another.

Re: Would like to find a backrest for a Corgi Ghia #241. 2 years, 8 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Oh, and I would love to move to Holland or England but need much more money in my jeans before I do that.