Model Vehicle Photography
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Model Vehicle Photography

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #136

Platinum Boarder
Jim,  a new digital camera may stimulate improving your photography, as I and many others have experienced. It gives a new look at your collection. As it happened I had an accident with my camera too recently. It is (was) 10 years old. It is not a total loss, but the problems are severe enough to give me an excuse to look out for a new and better one. I hope I will be able to demonstrate the outcome not too long from now! Kind regards, Jan

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #137

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jan. I have had the Canon for a number of years now and has it done some work and have taken some excellent photos. I think I was comparing from my Browne Box back in the 1950's to my first digital with the one I am using now. The Sony does have the lens change clip on.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #138

Platinum Boarder
This photo was taken with my old Kodak film camera before my first digital.

This Corgi Car Tri Deck car transporter was taken by my first digital Samsung about 5k pixels.

The above photo has been down sized so as to upload onto albums on Toy Collector using the Ice Program.

Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #139

Platinum Boarder
Using the Sony with longer lens and standard lens.

Sunset just up the road from my house.

Wooden Boat Festival Corio Bay Geelong 2016.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #140

Platinum Boarder
Canon ixus.

Reserve Forces Day Melbourne 2016.

And this Land Rover is among the growing many that I am collecting at this present time in history.

So what do you think Jan am I learning or is it just technology improving my photos.

Salonica scallop boat off Lakes Entrance 1970 with Bobby Turnbull at the helm. Taken with a Kodak.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Sweetman

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #141

Platinum Boarder
Neat images Gunnerjim 

Having received an iPhone earlier this year I am impressed with it’s quality:

Puddle ford by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Plus recently I had images taken with it published in a magazine not model car related but on trig pillars:

High Cademan Trig Pillar 2 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

Chris

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #142

Platinum Boarder
Yes it is amazing how technology is advancing. Mobile phones and the next generation like iPhones have changed our world in photography and video recording. I must compare my new phone camera images with the Canon and Sony.

I read the other day where there is a resurgence back into film developing photo graphic images. Look like the darkroom is back so they say.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #143

Platinum Boarder
Will be worth doing so Gunnerjim - here is a close-up I took with the iPhone:

Red Admiral butterfly by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr

I have certainly been impressed with it’s performance.

Last time I used film was in the last year Kodachrome was around 2010. It was fun using my old and some new Olympus OM gear again. Love to use slide film again but it is to expensive to process nowadays.

Chris

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 3 years, 9 months ago #144

Platinum Boarder
My son has a new Iphone 7 and he says it has a 40 mega pixal camera and it even has motion before and after the photo. Just hold your finger on the picture and it animates. What next?

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #145

Platinum Boarder
Some randomly chosen spreads below, from my latest photoalbum, which I completed last week. The previous one dates from 2009. Taken into account that the collection saw many additions and my photography experience increased considerably in the years since then, I though time had come to produce a new one. The book has 104 pages, including preface, index and 50 topics. The size is 30 x 30 cm and the weight is almost 2 kg (1940g). I hope this one will appear to be a prototype for a complete image representation of my collection in many volumes ... A wonderful job to do and possibly an inspiration for others! Kind regards, Jan

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #146

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jan.

That is a lovely professional presentation in book form, but...

...I don't want to upset you, but looking at the cover picture which is clearly based on the avatar you use for this forum, the 'Canon' name on the Camera is readable, but if we are looking at your reflection in a mirror, it should be backwards, so which is the correct picture, your avatar or the book's cover!

Rollerman.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #147

Platinum Boarder
The book looks impressive Jan !! Gives you hours of pleasure (including making it )

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #148

Platinum Boarder
Hi, thanks for your comments, both of you!

Rollerman, good of you to notice! You do not upset me at all. I took the 'artist's liberty' to mirror my original shoot for the cover. I did this deliberately in order to have all lettering featuring in the picture in a readable way (also the models in the background) and to have the Roller - which is completely symmetrical on both sides - facing to the right, which is almost a strict rule for a satisfactory layout of a book's cover. Besides, it adds to the 'mystery' of the picture. I hope you will forgive me this 'sin' towards reality! Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #149

Platinum Boarder
Magnificent artistic creativity Jan including combining your knowledge of Dinky Toys in book form.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Model Vehicle Photography 2 years, 11 months ago #150

Platinum Boarder
a superb way of showing your collection, your photos are crystal clear, a credit to you & your knowledge of Dinky Toys.