Nice combinations various makes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Nice combinations various makes

Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Well, I decided to open a thread with nice combinations, because there is a Dinky and a Corgi version. I hope I placed it in the right group. If not, I hope it can be placed elsewhere.

To tell the difference, Corgi made the Heinkel, one wheel in the rear. However, the BMW Isetta had two wheels in the rear. These pictures show a model in 1:43 from Schuco, with detailed interior and even steering wheels and a suitcase in the rear. Even the side-engine can be seen from underneath. The small one is probably 1:87, and is of a no name brand.

Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Yes it's me, I can't help it. 11 views, and not a single reply. Nobody who wants to say he does or doesn't like it, no one has any ideas for a next combination. This is sad. Come on guys, say something, add something. Or do I again have to read Theo's or Jim's comments as usual only?

Next one. An old and a new type Mustang. The old one is a '68 Shelby from ERTL, the new 2005 version from Welly. 

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I like it, there nice.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here another one: The red Ferrari (also shown in another thread) is Corgi, the green one has no name, but has perfect details. 

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie
The reason that the real (bubble) cars heinkel, BMW,isetta had three or four wheels is that in the UK three wheels were classed for road tax as a motorcycle ( same as the reliant robin) so had cheap tax .

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I like the Ferrari's. I Have a few 1:43 Scale Hot Wheels but not these racers. I also have a large scale Testarosa.
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hi Luff, thanks for mentioning that! I did not know that about the Isetta-Heinkels, but I think it is similar to the Reliant Robin. I remember you could drive one with a bike-license, In the license it said you could drive vehicles up to three wheels.

I really like that this thread is 'going'.
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #8

I could show some routemaster buses
But that list never ends

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
What about these two?

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
What are they? Ferrari? Porsche? logo on the front looks like Pontiac from here but I doubt that.
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I have posted this before , Austin A40's from Spot On, Corgi and Vanguards.

Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Nice but don't see them over here in Canada. What years would these be? 1960's The blue one looks like it has a Austin 1100 grille. I had a 1965 Austin 1100

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Mid 60's Jim, a popular rental car in NZ.

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Solido and Dinky Simca 1308, rented these in both England and France in the 70's

Re: Nice combinations various makes 4 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Jim.....I don't know.There is no name on the bottom, could the black one be a Bugatti?It says 2006B on the rear. The red one is a Lotus, printed on the rear.

I had them given to me as a present, and they are remote control cars. What you do is, you place batteries in the remote, and you plug the car into the romote. After a few minutes you can take it off. Then you can start racing. Lights and rear lights work. I took them to a big sports hall once, amazing. Also my cats at home are very intrigued.......