50 Milk trucks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
50 hearses, 50 race transporters, 50 (or more) of anything you like!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 50 Milk trucks

50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Just got this Corgi , and I saw I have a number of Milk transport models. Perhaps we can find 50 ?

Dinky of course

Matchbox

Magazine serie

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Corgi Ford Transit.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Here are some more , great topic,there are a lot of different type , somewhere I also have a 80's Unigate milk float & a Corgi Transit . I hope my large Triang Milk Float is ok on this topic.

Sorry this has doubled , I can't seem to delete a picture anymore

Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Andy66.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
My restored one - only milk themed model I have - sorry for any duplication

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Very nice models!  I love this topic because I have spent the majority of my life around milk trucks.  My father was a distributor of Carnation milk and I worked in the family business driving trucks for my Dad for a number of years.  I am posting part of my milk truck collection with the focus on the die cast ones.  I still have my Tonka Carnation truck given to me in 1956!

My first memory of riding in one of my Dad's trucks was in a White COE like this one from First Gear.

Matchbox made a nice Model T Carnation milk tanker (1/50?).  In the background is Carnation Farm in Carnation, Washington, near Seattle.

When most in the USA think of milk trucks, they think of the Divco Deliveries which roamed neighborhoods delivering milk door to door.  This is a Road Champs (1/43) I converted to look like one of our trucks, although we stopped door to door delivery in 1973 and didn't use Divco's after about 1960.

Corgi made a Mack truck in Carnation livery (1/43), although Carnation Farm Products, Co. was a perhaps a UK name and I don't believe fresh Carnation products were sold outside the USA.

Another Mack, this one a tanker from ERTL (1/36?).  It features the new Carnation logo for the fresh milk division around 1980.  Hundreds of these banks were given to customers and I kept this one.

This is a Mini Metals (1/64) White tractor and Carnation trailer.  The trailer is spot-on to the ones we used up until the mid-70's.  I am currently making a diorama of our distribution plant from 1972 photos with these trailers as part of it.

Another White semi, with trailer, both by First Gear (1/35) I used reproduction decals for Tonkas. to make the Carnation livery.  It sat in my Dad's office until he retired.  

Another Divco, and driver with typical milkman uniform from the 1950's.  Would you like some butter and eggs too ma'am?

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
A couple more MOY

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Micro Models (Australia) Commer Tanker

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Wells Brimtoys Pocket Toy (Not mine unfortunately)

Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Nice reactions ; some of the models are new to me.

A favourite of mine : the French Dinky Citroen Milk truck. I have to get some crates for it.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Hi, I found two nice pictures of milk floats in my image files, one showing five Dinky Toys Dairy Van variants and one of the well-known Matchbox model. I remember having assisted the milkman, who drove a similar electrical milk float as the Dinky, many, many years ago ...

I sold this one not too long ago, in order to confine myself more and more to collecting Dinky Toys only. 

Kind regards Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by janwerner.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I also remembered this one, the mock-up of the never made Dinky Toys Albion Milk Tanker!

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by janwerner.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I think it's a milk company. But hard to confirm it surfing the web.

Though it's original and untouched  it misses one label.

Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Corky.

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Another 2: earlyMatchbox horse and cart and Husky tanker

Re: 50 Milk trucks 6 years, 11 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Corky wrote:
I think it's a milk company. But hard to confirm it surfing the web.

Though it's original and untouched  it misses one label.

'AQUILA' are actually a Truck Rental company from Italy (so the use of a Mercury model is quite appropiate), but now with rental centres in several countries including the UK.

Rollerman.
  • Page: