50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
50 hearses, 50 race transporters, 50 (or more) of anything you like!

TOPIC: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post)

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 5 days ago #511

Platinum Boarder
<p>Did it once before when this thread was stuck.  My suggestion of starting over is because it was quite active at one time and thought maybe there were enough new faces on this forum that weren't around for the beginning that might enjoy it.  However, I am also fine with letting sleeping dogs lie and will crawl back under my rock.  </p>

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 4 days ago #512

Platinum Boarder
We can think of a different approach to the game. Any suggestions??? like Equipment on Trailers or Vehicles that tow trailers or other things but I think we did that one. Any more suggestions? Code three's are hard as many of use to original paint schemes and details. I may have half a dozen out our 400 to 500 models I have done in Code 3

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 3 days ago #513

Platinum Boarder
So what happens to this forum post, will it be archived and frozen in time or be deleted. The other is, if you want to start another forum post site for those who wish to participate can do so under a slightly different name, then do so, and just leave this one continuing, just incase someone wishes to post or even just browse, to see what was out there over the past decade

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 2 days ago #514

All suggestions are welcome, I don't think we should start all over again.

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 2 days ago #515

Just thought of a few categories for new topics:

Dinky Toys by Number
Corgi Toys by Number
Matchbox Regular Wheels by Number
Britains by Number
etc. etc.

Of course, the set-up is quite easy: show a photo of f.i. a Matchbox RW starting with number 1. If there are more issues under the same number, they can be shown too. Just follow the numbering order. Photos can come from your own collection or from the net.

What do you think?

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 2 days ago #516

Platinum Boarder
<p>GunnerJim wrote:
So what happens to this forum post, will it be archived and frozen in time or be deleted. The other is, if you want to start another forum post site for those who wish to participate can do so under a slightly different name, then do so, and just leave this one continuing, just incase someone wishes to post or even just browse, to see what was out there over the past decade .
</p>
<p>James, as far as I know no topics have ever been deleted. This will stay until the site dies which I hope is long after me. We just need to come up with another game is all.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 2 days ago #517

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I think that going my toy number is okay but with the variations it could be hard to make work. How many #1 MB are there out there and do you only count the original series or do we go all the way up to today with Mattel producing them in Huge quantities. The same for other makes of toys and then you get the renumbering of Dinky toys from one number system to another with not much change between them in most cases. There has to be another good game we all can play regardless of what we collect.

Re: 50 increasing race numbers. Or 500... (read opening post) 3 weeks, 1 day ago #518

Thanks Jim. I considered the large quantities of variations in the numbers. But we have to start somewhere. I'll think about it a few more days