Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III

Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This 1939 Rolls Royce Phantom III model was produced by FAL from Italy.

It is a thick brass, stone heavy, 7 1/2 inch model (1/30 scale?).

I knew it existed, and I always thought it was a bit too crude-ish. But having seen it in the flesh during my visit to the Rolls Royce Museum in Austria I changed my mind, it has a certain vintage quality. It is maybe more a sculpted piece of "art".

This one is pretty dirty and in need of a severe clean and shine. It also has a few issues; a missing headlamp, and one slightly bent axle  but that can all be easily restored. It is a very welcome addition.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #2

Have you alreay received it Gerrit?

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Have you already received it Gerrit?

No I bought it a few hours ago, I guess it will probably arrive next Tuesday.

By the way (off topic) I am seeing the architect tomorrow, I will share your info with him.

And yes I got my NAMAC membership card + an extra free entrance voucher.

Should anyone from PD come over to see one of the NAMAC swap meets of 2015 , you can have my free voucher for free, so feel free to PM me..

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #4

thanks Gerrit.

good idea, my free voucher is also available for one of our members
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
That would be an expensive toy fair for me and my wife but if I could, I would take the both of you up on that offer. LOL, in my dreams but still planning.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Here are some notes I did for a collector friend who had a 'FAL' model and had no idea what it was for or wether it was worth money. He aquired the model because he trades full-time as a dealer at toy fairs and asked me for information on it and this is what I Emailed to him, maybe you will find it interesting as well!

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
It came in today; boy this thing is dirty. But never mind, I will make it shine like a ..... in the moonlight.

By the way Kevin I have got the one with the plain logo on the bottom, but still it has a thick metal roof.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Some elbow grease, spit and polish and it shines like a diamond in a goat's ass.

As one headlight was missing and the other in a very bad state, I applied new ones from the parts bin.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Gerrit for your comment about the roof on your model, that has created a version to go between the Two I know of as featured in my article above.

They do look nice when polished, but I leave mine in their natural flatt Brass finish.

Rollerman.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The shine will eventually settle down and the patina will take over again.

Time will do its job.

Re: Fal Rolls Royce Phantom III 6 years, 11 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
It is quite the difference in appearance thought.
  • Page: