Franklin Mint Bentley S2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Franklin Mint Bentley S2

Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
All of a sudden one car after another is offered on Ebay which I have on my wish list. Like this Franklin Mint 1/24 scale Bentley S2 which I just won. It has some issues, but nothing major. Door mirrors, antenna, one windscreen wiper and (yes you guessed right) the mascot are missing. But that can be solved from my parts bin. It also needs some tidying up here and there, from the pics it looks a bit on the rough side. And I think I got another bargain at 23 quid. It all comes a bit untimely but I did not want to let it go.

Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #2

So nice. I think the color combination is fantatic

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes Theo, me thinks the same. The funny thing is, not meaning to emphasize the monetary importance; these cars (also a RR version) are put on Ebay for prices ranging from 150 up to 350 quid.

Okay it is not mint, not boxed and it has no paperwork but it still is a FM Bentley S2.

Who cares.

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Put for... But are they sold for... ?

FM are often nice models. But they suffer their 1/24 scale and are often real bargains.

Superb car, in a superb color schem

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
A real steal for a little over £20 and from what you have told us, easily restorable, nice catch.

Rollerman.

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Corky wrote:
Put for... But are they sold for... ?

Much less.

If you look at selling prices they have an average of 50 to 70 quid. Twenty at the low end and 140 at the top. My view on FM cars is that they are of good quality, they produce nice models, but you should not pay too much.

Re: Franklin Mint Bentley S2 6 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
And it arrived today, together with a book, so I can read all about it, and two Matchbox models for resto purposes

The Bentley is very good, it has some what I call minor issues but no worries at all. The color scheme is wonderful.

Regarding the two Matchbox models I was sure I bought a Rolls Royce Phantom and an E-type Shaguar with grey tires. But the seller made a mistake, he sent me a MKII instead. No problem the MKII is welcome as well. The E-type to follow later.

• Page: