Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior

Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #1

Administrator
Two more models from the Fabbri Quattroruote Collection, the Alfa GT Junior and Fiat 850:

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I like that little Fiat. I saw them around Vancouver when I was growing up. Maybe not this particular model but \'60\'s and 70\'s they were in Canada.
Great detailing and I don\'t doubt they are hard to find due to that reason.

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
yeah the Fiat 850 is the facelift model of the Fiat 600 plus a bigger engine to boot (pun).

Service was a nightmare, worse than the 500/600 models as it was hard to reach anything through that little opening. It certainly looked like a better car with increased space over its predecessor.

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #4

Administrator
I think the back panel (where the numberplate is) unscrewed for when more engine access was needed - even on this model you can barely see the engine through the opening when the engine cover\'s opened. It\'s more like a mail slot!
The 600 and 850 were produced at the same time for several years. The 850 slotted into the range just above the 600, being slightly bigger - and, unlike the 600, it actually had a little bit of luggage space!

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
If I remember correctly, yes the rear panel did come off for better access during tuneups etc. I think the Renault of that era had the same sort of opening for the engine compartment and also had a removable back.

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ok then... how was the problem solved for the Ferrari 250 GTO???

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
If I am not mistaken that is a mid engine Ferrari. It would be a body off job. Sorry but very expensive to do more that a minor tune up. Much easier to do if the body is off. Front mount engine I believe the front clip was removable or tilted for access to most but engine removal.

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #8

Administrator
Actually, that one\'s front-engined and I think Richard meant how do you get the spare wheel out through that tiny catflap-sized bootlid - the Bburago 1/18 GTO was the second 1/18 Burago model I got when I was a child and I always wondered the same thing! I think the wheels may be slightly out of scale and a bit larger/fatter than they would be on the full size car. And of course, on the real car, the hinges wouldn\'t be nearly so big and intrusive. Also, maybe you could access it from inside the car?

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fabbri Fiat 850 Super & Alfa Giulia GT Junior 11 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Very nice,I like these.
Frame.
  • Page: