Free box of toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free box of toys

Re: Free box of toys 7 years, 4 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I had not heard of Xenita models Jim, they apparently came in 5 colours, that looks like a good score.

Re: Free box of toys 7 years, 4 months ago #17

Now that is a great gift, there are some very nice cars there. Gama is popular here in NL too.
Well done Gunner

Re: Free box of toys 7 years, 4 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
That is a great gesture, a whole box for free, Santa came early this year.

Re: Free box of toys 4 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Just received a Dinky AEC semi and single axle flat top to go with a AEC tanker that I found for a couple of AUD dollars in a second hand shop or one of those antique dealer thingy bob store.

The AEC semi trail set is a repaint and doesn't look that bad of a finish. This rig was not stripped down as there is strong evidence that it was painted as it stands. Lots of little tell tails on some of the paint work.

I do have some fuel caps for the top coming for the tanker. Like this could end up as a Geelong Shell company rig or a dealer rig in Shell Oil Refinery decals. We will see one day maybe.

The solder card was a thankyou gift so if that seller from the UK comes a surfing around PD they may recognise it.

Cheers to all who stop by this post.
Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Free box of toys 4 years, 10 months ago #20

Good score!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Free box of toys 4 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
What a nice box to receive?! Wow - I had not heard of Xenita either, sound interesting.

I recognise some Matchbox 1-75 range models. Some I had as a child and one I own now as I had an original as a kid - the Merryweather fire engine. I also had the green futuristic patrol car, (can't remember its name) and the Dodge Challenger. I recognise the Corvette, Ford pickup (later version with those big wheels) and the Bluestreak racing car, many there from the 70's. There is also the petrol tanker in military colours, I had the red "Burmah" version. And my brother had a Corgi Junior Porsche 911 police car. Recognise the Junior Land Rover tow truck too.

The Conrad model Mercedes (part of a whole series in the 80's I believe) and a the Gama E30 BMW are nice too. The bronze US Limo I often see at toyfairs but is usually white or silver, so the bronze colour is new one. I've seen that bigger Golf cabrio before too somewhere but not sure of the maker. Nice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim
  • Page: