Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10?

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Ya, I noticed that RAF Ambulance too. Sort of stands out from the rest with that big bulls eye. LOL

Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Yes Richie the Dodge in airforce decals is a Days Gone by Lledo and the other two T Ford & Chevrolet.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
OOhhh, I bet he hates Richie. LOL :~)

Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Dodgem was my second guess

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #20

Cam

Platinum Boarder
These are the first two I got so far this year.

581 / 981 Horsebox - got it for an amazing 5 bucks!

959 Foden Dump Truck - Picked it up at a shop for 25 bucks. Needs the plowblade.

Cam 

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Nice deal on the Horse Trailer. Too bad about the left front wing. It can be repaired though. Good score on the Foden dumper too. I don\'t have one of those.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Heya Cam, good bargains on the Horsebox and dumptruck - I wonder if its similar to the Euclid in that it may have had a lever on the side?

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Good buy on the Foden Dumper as I have been chasing one of those as they seem to sell very well on eBay and go out of my pocket reach. I have got the Morestone No 18 Dumper, although that ended up in peaces due to incorrect packaging. Fixed it up with some Loctite just for show. Just recieved some days ago, the Dinky /Matchbox Chevrolet Bel Air 1957. Nice looking model to add to my Yank Tank collection. Also a Dinky Dodge Royal with smashed off roof, although it came with new replacement windows. It is for a project later on by turning it into a convertible with hood up or down haven\'t made up my mind.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #24

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I lucked out on the Foden as it was sitting in an obscure corner on a shelf of an antique mall in Chemainus. It had a tag for 35 dollars so I asked the fellow working there if this was open to dickering. He thought a bit and offered it for 25 which was great because I was going to go 30!

Richard I don\'t think it had a lever on it. There is no mechanism in place to raise the box at all so it is hand raised. All the pictures of mint and boxed ones I have seen have had no lever on them either.

As to the chipped fender on the horsebox, I doubt I will worry about it for now. It is really not that noticeable so will just leave it be. I have a ton of other projects to work on right now anyway. (if it ever warms up!!)

Cam 

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
right then, not complete, just a quick photo, some are not in this picture. Most of these I received in the past week and this morning.

btw, the white and red Lotus Elans are projects I\'ve had for more than a year. There\'s one Elan in that mix that will help renovate and restore the others.
One of the Tiger\'s will be converted and the other restored.

Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO. Reason: added more notes

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I have the Lovejoy Morris Minor, I love that car. I also have the DY Dinky VW but mine is the light blue model. Both in box like yours. Nice score and will be nice to see what you do with the elans.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 14 years, 3 months ago #27

Administrator
Great finds! The Lotus set is brilliant!

On the right-hand side of the photo, it looks the Ford Thames Airborne Caravan is in the Corgi Classics box with other models in the same box behind it - is that right, or is it an optical illusion?
  • Page: