Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10?

Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #1

Administrator
What was your last find of 2009 and your first of 2010? I haven\'t gotten anything in 2010 yet, but on NYE, I chanced across this Zylmex Straight Arrow Van in the local model shop\'s £1.00 box!

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
My last find was nothing more than a few scrappers from a charity shop in the new forest,Hampshire on a xmas family visit.I bought them for spares,wheels mainly.
Frame.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have not been buying toys for the longest time. I am waiting for another Car Carrier by Dinky to arrive. I helped a friend sell a bunch of his toys and he is giving me the Carrier and ramp. It just has the wrong cab with it but I have one on the way from Andrew.
My first finds and buys of 2010 are a couple more Vanguards Vans for my mint in mint box collection. First is VANGUARDS VA3010 AUSTIN A40 VAN HEINZ MIB

Second is VANGUARDS VA00415 FORD ANGLIA VAN, MARLEY TILES. MIB
The box for the Heinz Van is not the best but is still in very good condition.

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #4

Administrator
Jim, has that Bedford cab not arrived yet? I sent it out a considerable time before the box of dustcarts and Fairlane, so I would think it ought to be there by now.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
won a dozen on ebay in the final week of \'09. on the last day won a Minichamps \'66 Opel Rekord in beige. My Dad used to own the real car in the \'70s in Holland.

Kinda reminded me that we tend to collect cars we used to own or those we dream about owning but can\'t afford them yet.

But anyhoo, currently trying to collect the Corgi Collector Club models. Identified quite a few of them and won a couple of years worth. Some are ones I already have (Morris Minor van 87/88) and others were on the wishlist. With these ones I don\'t mind doubling up (I\'m eccentric that way), because they\'re limited in numbers but for some reason not very collectible or sought after (except by me).

Another rare win is a Corgi Morris Minor van with the NAMAC livery. This would be the Dutch Toy Collector equivalent. Not sure if they still exist. Would be worth looking into to promote a legitimate TC model through Corgi, especially the amount of members TC already has. Just a thought.Probably will make my own, but for some reason all the vans I find are in mint/boxed condition - and y\'all know what the cardinal rule on those are...

In \'09 won about 12x Husky\'s in one go for very little. Initially went for the VWs but there was also a Batmobile. Nice to get a second. Have had my Husky Bat for a good 25+ years now.
Also won a Matchbox Dinky VW Beetle in black. This one I missed out on when it came out in the \'90s, as I was quite happy with my light blue version. Kicking myself ever since.

For my other pet project needed a couple more Lotus Elan to convert and renovate. Won two prime examples and a spare chassis.

Don\'t know what\'s more fun to collect: the golden jacks or the removable chassis???

Locally (in New Zealand) won a Corgi \'Lovejoy\' Morris Minor top down.
Also two Corgi Collector Club 1994 Land Rover(s) boxed and COA. Went for one got them both. This one appears to be the odd duck from CCC as it breaks from the traditional blue/yellow livery.

Also won a Matchbox \'yellow\' IH Harvester (based on the old red one from the sixties). This one is from a farm set and is actually the rarer version to find - yet very cheap to buy (go figure).
From the same seller (in Auckland) currently bidding on a white Corgi Mini (Fina version), an EFSI Model T (Holland), and an \'86 CCC Model T.

So from the Corgi Collectors Club got an 1986, 1987/88, 1991 and 2x 1994.
This is going to be an interesting year for collecting.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Baskingshark wrote:

Jim, has that Bedford cab not arrived yet? I sent it out a considerable time before the box of dustcarts and Fairlane, so I would think it ought to be there by now.

Nothing yet Andrew, still waiting. I thought we had decided on Ground Shipping as it was cheaper. If so, it will be about another month before it arrives. I think I said I was in no rush as the trailer for it is still not here either. Been a slow down in the payments for the toys I helped sell so might be a little while before I see the trailer and ramp.
The Fairlane, one I don\'t have, Canadian RCMP too, is in my display cabinet upstairs waiting its turn for resto. Have to replace one \'A\' piller and join the other back to the roof. Give the roof a little straighten first and it should go just fine. Will post when I do it.

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #7

Administrator
Phew, yes, we did do ground shipping so it won\'t be there yet! I forgot.

Glad you like the Fairlane!

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Picked up these two job lots on eBay from Australia and UK.

Couple of Spot on bases and a tin chassis base with two tin wheels unknown. The two Hoveringham were covered in dirt while the made in England petrol bowser was full on nasties while the rest cleaned up with a wash.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
These are the last items I picked up,I think..

002__3_.JPG

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by frame69.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
And this
003__7_.JPG

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #11

Administrator
Great finds - I have the Kingsize Securicor truck. I don\'t collect trucks, but kept it because the gold is so cool!
Jim, what cars are the spot-on bases for?

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
heya Gunner, tell me more about the RAF GMC Ambo you got tucked away there?

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Four of my wins have arrived:

Corgi Collector Club 1987/88 Morris Minor (2nd) from UK
Corgi NAMAC Morris Minor (2nd) from Holland
Corgi \'Lovejoy\' Morris Minor from New Zealand
Corgi Collector Club 1994 Landrover from New Zealand

and on my way to Epsom - Auckland to pick up my last local wins.

pictures will follow soon, am in a rush.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
OK Spot On Ford Anglia and a MGA.

Re:Last Finds of \'09 / First Finds of \'10? 11 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I think this book is one of the better finds I had during the Christmas to New Year week. My son and I went hop shopping around the junk type antique shops and this is what I found for only $5 Aussi.  Published in 1997 by Bay Books Ltd UK, written by Michael Ellman-Brown and photography by James Mann.

Spot On MGA

The only criticism I have while using the appendix, there is no reference to the page where the models are listed for quick reference or the date the model was made. Unfortunately one must search and read the actual page for this information if it is mentioned at all. This book contains everything one could imagine related to MG memorabilia in brochures, key rings, books, neck ties, badges, artwork, toys and history.

Anyway another book towards my collection. Love to read it is healthy for the mind. Enjoy.
  • Page: