(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 53 caddy

53 caddy 11 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This is supposed to be a 53 caddy  i would probally call it a phantom caddy
004-382f1ce43f3b8611785f716e373a0153.JPG

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 11 months ago #2

These were actually sold as funeral flower cars, used to haul the wreaths and flower arrangments from the funeral home to the grave site. My Dad and I looked at buying one several years back, but it was a little too far gone to save.

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
you are right i didnt rcognize it .... i have a book on funeral cars and they show several flower cars

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #4

I was looking for a restore project, late 80s, and the funeral truck was a canidate. Then my wife found my 56 IH cabover and it was all over. Still have both the wife and the IH.

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Well that is a good thing that you still have both ..... how is the resto on the cabover

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #6

Waiting for spring thaw and some spare time. Got some sheet metal rot to patch. The guy I bought it from \"fixed\" the cancerous areas with a muffler patch and bondo. As expected, the lines broke through and now that I have some help, I can dig back into it. About 80-85% done.

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
By the wheels it looks like a HotWheels.

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #8

Yes Jim, it is a Hot Wheel casting, new editions 2009 and is the second or third color variation I\'ve seen. I have it myself in purple. The little car in the back appears to be a soap box derby racer.

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #9

Junior Boarder
I love this casting,this is what i\'ve done to two of these

Dean

Re:53 caddy 11 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Dean, These are too cool. Greatest looking Hot Wheels I have see in a long long time. You did a fantastic job of putting them together. The concepts are great too. Stretch limo/Wagon and 2 door shorty. Great STUFF!!!
  • Page: