Ferrari berlinetta
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ferrari berlinetta

Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
One of the best MB\'s ever made in my eyes. Ferrari Berlinetta No75 with superfast wheels and in red just as they should be.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
As far as Matchbox castings go, I still like the No. 41 Ford GT. That is probably one of their best. Has nice deep grooves for the doors where they go over the roof, just like the real ones with all that rubber weather seal in there. 
I would put my Ford up against your Ferrari, any day! Want to Race??? He He!!

Last Edit: 11 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I like them both. But then I have a lot of Ferrari Berlinetta\'s. I\'ve restored the red Superfast, and have a couple of minters in Met.green. with the wire wheels, also an early one with the hubs. I\'d like another one with the early hubs to code-3 the red trial version. Or at least get a mint green with hubs so I can code-3 my playworn version.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Now how can Toy Collector put on this race for all of us to see. Maybe by video link? I looked in the 1970 catalogue international price guide for Canada and the going retail rate was 55 cents regular box to 59 cents blister packet. Oops much cheaper in Australia at at 40 cents and 49 cents in New Zealand.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
that\'s because NZ and Oz were still considered Colonies from Gt. Britain. The Royal Mail was faster too.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It is, the Royal Mail, what was it PMG (post master general).

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
PMG rings a bell, ocourse down here its alway been NZ Post... but I was always amazed at how quickly I got my packages from England. Anything else from Europe took weeks to make it, but from Britain it took 3 days.

Re:Ferrari berlinetta 11 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Price difference between Auz/NZ and Canada back then are probably due to the exchange rate of the day. The Canadian Dollar and the Auz and NZ Dollars have never been at par as far as I know. Right now we are about .95¢ on the Dollar but back then we were only about .80¢ or so.
I also find mail from the UK fast and sometimes I can get to the UK and Europe in less than a week to major centers. Fastest was to Switzerland about a week ago. 3 Days. WoW.
  • Page: