Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT

Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT 11 years, 12 months ago #1

Administrator
I just got three more of the 1/24 models from the Italian Quattroruote partwork series. The series is showing up on eBay, but some models seem much harder to come by than others. These are three of the more popular ones.

First up, there\'s the 5-Speed Fiat X1/9. This is a really great model, with working pop-up headlights, opening trunklids and enginelid and doors. The targa roof is fixed in place though.

The second is another Fiat, the 500 Giardiniera - this is also really cool, not least because it has an opening back door and replicates the lift-up floor hatch you used to get to the engine.

Then there\'s another total cult car, the Opel GT. This one has opening bonnet and doors and the headlights rotate just like on the real car (although the mechanism is a bit fragile)

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT 11 years, 12 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
excellent representation on these classic models. The flip lights on the Opel GT are very authentic. Do they flip at the same time?

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT 11 years, 12 months ago #3

Gold Boarder
ooohhh i like,i like.

How do the lights rotate do you just press on the front axle to pop them up or do you have to do it manually.

Re:Quattroruote Collection 1/24 Fiat X1/9, Fiat Giardiniera & Opel GT 11 years, 12 months ago #4

Administrator
Thanks - they both do rotate at the same time, but you have to do it manually. It\'s supposed to be designed so that rotating one makes them both rotate, but this depends on tiny little cogs cast into the mouldings, and I\'m wary of putting too much pressure on one of them in case it breaks, so best to use one finger for each headlamp!
I\'m really liking this series - too bad that it seems that all the models I want are the hard ones to get! I still need the Fiat 850 Super, NSU Prinz 4 and Fiat 600 Multipla (which is the latest in the series). Two more - the Renault Dauphine and Ford Sierra XR4i are coming out before it ends in December.
  • Page: