Another eBay win - from the US for a change
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another eBay win - from the US for a change

Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Actually got this lot for a bargain, mostly junk Matchbox that I\'ve got ten times over...

However, there\'s one in there which gave me a reason to bid and therefore won.

If you know me well enough now for the ten months I\'ve been here, what did I see was worth bargaining for?

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
One of three or four that I can see but I would put my money on the Ford GT.
oh, I just noticed the boat trailer in there. They are hard to find. Is it complete but no boat

Last Edit: 11 years, 12 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:

One of three or four that I can see but I would put my money on the Ford GT.
oh, I just noticed the boat trailer in there. They are hard to find. Is it complete but no boat

This will be my fourth GT40, and it only has one tire. No, not this one.

The boat trailer should be handy with a boat... I think I\'ve got a spare floating around, this be the white/blue cabin cruiser with window.

so... guess again.

hint: I usually go for the ugly and boring cars that no one would collect.

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I do know that about you.Then it has to be the station wagon or the one with no roof. Bet I am wrong and it is the tanker. Hmmm, not sure now. I know you have the bus in better nick, think I saw it today when we were exchanging those 200 pictures, mostly yours too! Good looking cars you have in your collection by the way.

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
thanks, yeah, got around 7000 cars, maybe more. Anyhoo, your guessing list...

London Bus is a \'Berger Paris\' London Bus from 1972+ many liveries and stickers - not that rare, got a few versions.

The Corgi/Husky Tanker in transition of the two. Was Husky before with those spun hubs - in trans they deleted the Husky name from the chassis and it was a temporarily Corgi. Then Corgi made a new black plastic chassis and whizzwheels wheels for it. Yeah, got quite a fleet of these too.

#38 Pontiac Convertible, yellow, bpw, black chassis, missing windscreen. Usually sells well on its own. Very collectible among collectors. Managed to collect several versions of this one. So no, not this one, although like the Husky its a nice bonus.

With your second guess, Jim, you were bang on.

Its an ultra rare Mini-Dinky 1/68 scale model of a Fiat 2300 Station Wagon - Made in Hong Kong for Meccano Ltd.
Its pastel yellow with a white roof. Slight crack in windscreen due to minor squash damage.
Missing engine cover and hatch.
Spun hubs attached to the end of axles were prone to falling off. This one is complete with tires - very lucky.
I\'ll add some photos...

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Nice and yes the Mini Dinky\'s are rare. Few of them were made and I think there were only about a dozen models made. Too bad parts are not available for this little car. Some are though for some of the others in the HK Range. Maybe you can make a hood from some thickish plastic. The rear gate will be harder to make. Nice find by the way.

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
cheers, from the photo it wasn\'t too clear

Re:Another eBay win - from the US for a change 11 years, 12 months ago #8

The tow hook/boom is from a Hot Wheels Heavy Weights tow truck and is unique that it has the bottom arm still unbroken.
  • Page: