Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale

Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 12 months ago #1

I\'m updating my train layout and have been picking up some modern HO scale trucks to fill in for the older rigs when running the newer locos. The first to join the new fleet are these Ton Peterbilt 389 tractors pulling dry van trailers. First pic is of the fleet so far. The two trailers with the adverts on them share time on  piggy back cars.

The advert vans came with this red tractor. I\'ve added a chrome and red Peterbilt logo to the back of the red tractors\' sleepers as seen in the top photo far left.

This old school paint livery is my all time favorite from Peterbilt, and was also used by Kenworth.

and I can\'t have a fleet without my blue one. All are diecast cab and sleeper with plastic frames and trailers. Tractors and trailers have real rubber tires. They are fully assembled, needing just some detail painting and some decals for added realism.

Re:Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 12 months ago #2

Gold Boarder
very nice indeed the last one could do with and would look ace with some decals on the trailer.

Re:Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 12 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I am sure Rob will come up with something appropriate for his layout. Maybe part of a Race Team Being transported somewhere. He does have a Race track too.

Re:Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 12 months ago #4

The plain white one is staying plain white for now. I have something in the works for down the road. The race teams all use drop deck trailers these days, and the dragstrip is set in the late 50s/early 60s when the cars were hauled on an open trailer behind a station wagon or pick up. Only the really big names had the money for a \"real truck\" and my track is for the weekend warriors with shoestring budgets.

Re:Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 12 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Rob, Who is to say that on the way from one track to another in their big rigs that a top racing team does not stop by for a promo show and the local strip. Ya never know.

Re:Ton (Tonkin) Peterbilt 389 trucks in HO scale 11 years, 11 months ago #6

Very true, and I may make a proper race team trailer for the layout. I\'ve got a 64th scale project that I have to finish before I start on the HO trucks again. The Tonkin HO trucks are excellent models of the current Peterbilts, just wish they would put out a 389 in 53rd scale.
  • Page: