Latest Dinky finds
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Latest Dinky finds

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
just what I want. My workshop diorama with involve these Jags.

I have a nice display case to put it in too.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Snap-on tools in two scales are made by TSM:

www.tsm-models.com/tsm/store/category/34

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #18

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I have a start on the stickers for the Beechcraft Bonanza. I am not an artist, however, and am fairly stupid when it comes to graphics programs. Perhaps Jim can clean them up and size them better for you. If not, I can continue cleaning them a bit and send you a set. Also PM your address so I can get this (if needed) as well as the wheel out to you.

Cam

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #19

They look very good already Cam, better than I could have done myself

I shall send you  a PM straight away

Thanks a lot

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #20

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Well, here they are on my Bonanzas. I cannot seem to get the printer to do the bright red, and I need to find a better quality of sticker paper, but they work.

I also did a set for the blue and red Bonanza as well. Forgive the mess as I originally tried to paint the red on. One day I shall clean it up a bit.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #21

Looking good Cam

The Bonanza is almost finished repainting

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #22

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Mailed the wheel and stickers off to you today Theo. Let me know when they arrive.

Cam
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #23

Thanks a lot Cam, I will and show some photos here

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Bring back an old thread if you can, I always say. Well here we go.
Back in May of 2019 I found another Dinky 150 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith. As you know I like to two tone them.

anonymous image hosting

Not too back but lots of chips and of course the bumpers are shot. The screen is fine once I clean it, tires are pliable and the suspension works.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Just the other day I received another Dinky 150 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith, This will be number 5 in my collection. Have not decided what colors I will do it. The one above will probably be two tone blue.

The screen is good and can be cleaned, the tires seem good but we shall see. Suspension also works on this one.

Then the base plates. First this car.

Now the car above.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I also got a Dinky 194 Bentley S2 which is a convertible. I will keep it stock colors as close as I can as I have a blue one I did with a matching caravan. The Rolls above cost about $17.00 with shipping in and the Bentley cost about $20.00

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
The Bentley has steering that you activate by pressing on one side or the other of the car as you push it along. Works quite well. The suspension seems weak so I may replace it. The screen will be replaced but I think I am leaving the driver as he is. The steering wheel is intact too. Front bumper is broken and rear bumper is missing so they will both get ordered.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #28

Good finds there Jim and very affordable. Soon in pristine condition after you treat them,,

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo, they will be added to my collection. Not sure about the second Rolls and what colors I will choose but the Bentley will be done original. Only color I am not sure about is the folded convertible roof color.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 5 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Some more restoration work to look forward to following