Latest Dinky finds
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Latest Dinky finds

Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #1

Bought these 3 at Ebay, picked them up in person from a seller who lives close by.

In fact, I didn't pay for them, I swapped them for a few Corgi cars from the eighties

Dinky 185 Alfa Romeo Coupe
Dinky 217 Alfa Romeo OSI Scarabeo
Dinky 710 Beechcraft S35 Bonanza

All three in desperate need of restoration. The Alfa Romeo Coupe was overpainted, has some A style and roof issues, the Scarabeo needs new lights and the Beechcraft is in need of a propellor, a enginehood and a front wheel. All parts are ordered, so I can make some final decision in what colors I shall paint them. Just some investigation on the net to seeing how they looked originally and then decide what to do. I think the Scarabeo looks better in another color than the bright pink, or fluorescent you could call it.

The Alfa Romeo Coupe in yellow is not too difficult, the aeroplane has several color combos, just don't know yet what it will be.

So keep visiting the resto pages
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I see you found my little aeroplane I lost oh so many years ago

not sure if Steve Flowers actually has parts for the Beechcraft.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #3

I didn't know that Richard

MK has the spare parts for the Beechcraft. Have to investigate the nose wheel, I think I have to make one myself.

I can't find the Beechcraft stickers though.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #4

A few hours work to put these right, but that's the fun part of this hobby.. and with your skillsets, these will turn out stunning....

Looking forward to seeing the end result...

Niall
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Dublin6.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
All parts are available so MK should have them too. White plastic engine cover, Plastic propeller in Black, white, or yellow, Brown plastic luggage and the window unit. Front leg and wheel assembly and the rear leg assemblys, L or R. No stickers though.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Some great Dinkies there Theo. You are gonna be one busy chap over the next few weeks. How many have on your bench?

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #7

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I have a wheel that would likely fit. It is off a busted 715 Beechcraft Baron, but they look the same to me. I also have the stickers for the Baron, but not the Bonanza unfortunately. If someone could send me a close up shot of a Bonanza with all the stickers I can try to make some for you. Bear in mind the different colours of the Bonanza have different stickers though.

Cam

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Too bad about the replacement for the broken 'A' piller on the Alfa. Better then nothing but you can fix that up with some filler and it will be good as new. Great score.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #9

Cam wrote:
Theo, I have a wheel that would likely fit. It is off a busted 715 Beechcraft Baron, but they look the same to me. I also have the stickers for the Baron, but not the Bonanza unfortunately. If someone could send me a close up shot of a Bonanza with all the stickers I can try to make some for you. Bear in mind the different colours of the Bonanza have different stickers though.

Cam

thank you Cam, that would be much appreciated. This Sunday I shall decide in what livery the beechcraft is restored and try finding some detailled pictures of the stickers

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #10

Nice new avatar Jim !

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo. The Shop set came from Rob last year and he also got me a 1:43 scale set too. This one is the Snap-On Garage Series. Looks good with the Matchbox Jag.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Snap on tools set, what are they like Jim? As I want some 1/43 for a diorama Iwant to start next year.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
They are static so the jack does not work and the cart does not roll but they are very well made and will look really good in a garage Diorama. I just have to get around to building something for 1:64 and there abouts and for 1:43 and about.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Here is one I made last year out of cardboard and stuff printed off the net. Not that happy with it so will probably make one our of wood next.

1:43 Snap-On Kit,

All the above models came to me for shipping costs.

Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Latest Dinky finds 7 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
My Avatar uses a Green LIght Muscle Exclusive Shop Tool Multi Pack in 1:64 scale. Looks good with the Matchbox 65b Jaguar 3.4 litre