Junk pile of Corgi\'s
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Junk pile of Corgi\'s

Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I finally picked up the Corgi ERF Tipper it is a bit rough around the edges but it will do. Just needs a tyre change at the moment. The others well anything can happen to them.

Looks like some work to be done on the Landrover as it looks like a boomerang on the side view. The Bedford Ambulance is intact although the van windows on the second one have dropped. Lots of rust on the base plate.

Last Edit: 12 years ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Lost the picture

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
aha, these be the ones you\'ve restored before...

but what about the tipper?

did you restore this one too?

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Not yet as the tipper is sitting alongside the other tippers with new treads. And yes I am back to front with this posting. I think I recieved them about two weeks ago. Soon as I got them the roughies went out to the workshop and dismantled in minutes.

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I know what thats like, and keeping photo records is such a new theme for me too.

Basically I lose track of where they are or what file they\'re under.

Also found out that one car I\'ve stripped the paint off I haven\'t photographed properly beforehand.

There\'s one restore in the works I don\'t have all the parts for. So putting the chassis back will have to wait until the parts show up (if they exist).

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I have still to finish another Landrover that I had laying around for a long time waiting for me to strip down which is now being primed. I am still undecided to which colour I am going to paint the second one and I might go for the two tone blue.

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
three landy\'s on my shelf. Was lucky with a bulk parts lot couple of weeks ago with an original Landy window. One of my wrecks has a busted widow. Another has pillars missing. List goes on.

Also in the bulk lot were two tan canopies and two tin plate bases

Re:Junk pile of Corgi\'s 12 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
It is always nice to score a bunch of usable parts for models you are currently working on or have been put on hold due to the lack of  parts. Good score.
  • Page: