Playart - Collection of various Vehicles
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playart - Collection of various Vehicles

Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #1

Expert Boarder
Picked these up today at a local Boot Sale, noticed a bag full of various items inc these as didn\'t have time to go through it all, bought the whole bag and after sought through ended up with these Playart models (Picture 1) and some similar, but not as well made imitations (Picture 2)

They are marked up as PlayArt Made in Hog Kong, but thats it no date or anything or more, a quick search on EBay shows similar types as Vintage, Rare etc, etc

Any further information would be apprecaited........

Sets Comprises of - Mercedes, Jeep, Fire Engine, Tanker, and 3 un-identified Sports Cars????   
S5021588.JPG

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #2

Expert Boarder
Picture 2

Set comprises of VW Beetle, Chevy Stepside, Austin Healey, Corvette Stingray, Jeep, Pontiac Trans Am and Chevy Van???

Again made in Hong Kong, but no other information on them??? 
S5021590.JPG

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #3

Administrator
Nice finds. These are from the \"budget\" smaller-scale range Playart made. In your first pic, the yellow sports car is the Chevy Astro-1 concept car, the metallic red one is an Abarth 3000 and the orange one is a copy of the Hot Wheels Twin Mill, with the twin engines omitted. And in the second pic, the silver car is a Triumph TR2, not an Austin Healey.

The Triumph is quite hard to find and sought-after by Triumph enthusiasts.

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #4

Expert Boarder

Thanks for the info on these and the correction on the Triumph / Austin dilema... 

Is set 2 also PlayArt??, no marking\'s on the models

Do you know if these where sold in the UK and how old are they approx?

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #5

Administrator
You\'re welcome. I believe they were sold in the UK and date from the 1970\'s-1980\'s. I think the secodn set are also Playart, although they might be tootsietoy.

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I can add that it is not a Chevy Van in the second photo but a Chevy Blazer. Like a pickup truck but has a removable rear hard top and a second and sometimes third row of seats. You can also get a tauna cover for the rear for the summer. I slopes back and down to the rear and has a large clear plastic window in it.
Jim

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #7

Expert Boarder
Thanks Jim,

Thats It, Chevy Blazer I knew I reconginised the shape..... Have a couple of Matchbox versions, the ones with the big wheels from 83\'

Re:Playart - Collection of various Vehicles 12 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That\'s the truck, big wheels and all. Glad I could jog your memory for you.

• Page: