Lesney BP Auto Tanker
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lesney BP Auto Tanker

Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years, 1 month ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hi All,

Over the weekend, I was lucky enough.... i think to find a classic lesney BP Auto Tanker, labelled Major Pack No. 1??

The model is in the usual BP Colours, two tone green with what appears to be painted on decals featuring the BP logo down each side

Unfortunatley the front wind screen is missing, but other than that it seems to have faired well over time, wheels good, paint OK etc

Q - Can anyone shed any further light on this item as invetigations to date have drawn a blank

Apologies for no pic\' currently, will send ASAP

Thanks

Ferrari30  

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years, 1 month ago #2

Expert Boarder

Pic of BP Auto Tanker
S5021564.JPG

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I don\'t have much info on the M1 BP Tanker. I have one myself though.
M- 1B  BP Autotanker, Issued 1961, Yellow and green body, \"BP\" decals, black plastic wheels ($45-$60 mint in mint box) About 10% of that value is what yours is worth. The screen and the decals are not available.

Jim

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
there used to be decals, but I used them over twenty years ago on one or two of my restore projects.

Got a couple of these... and a fun fact too.

Definitely based on a true concept vehicle

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
It wouldn\'t be too difficult to replace the plastic windscreen in this BP Autotanker, as you only have to drill out the nugget. Another way is you could apply some heat to the nugget so that it will soften and prise apart by placing a thin blade of a screw driver or knife so as to free the base from the rivet. Then get some flexible clear plastic cut to size and with some heat bend the replacement window inside of the cab area. Once cooled you can then super glue it into place. You can get replacement decals from dealers on-line. With a new paint job and you will be in business. Best of luck as it is fun to do.

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
You can get a full set of decals for this Matchbox on eBay from The Pecos Trader for $6.97 US if anyone is interested.

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Awesome. I really have to do one of my old restores all over again properly.

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years ago #8

Expert Boarder
Thanks Jim, thats certainly worth knowing. Now all i have fto do is decide whether to restore or leave in its natural state......... what a dilema?? 

Re:Lesney BP Auto Tanker 12 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
lets make it easier for you then...

below a repainted in the eighties and an original:

• Page: