First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck

First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck 12 years, 1 month ago #1

Just got this one this past week, a new release from First Gear. Peterbilt 367 dump truck in 34th scale. If this is a sign of what First Gear is going to be doing in the future, I\'ll have to build another room on the house. The detail on this far exceeds the previous offerings released by First Gear. The paint is flawless, emblems clean and legible, and the little details make this a first rate collectible. The only complaint I have is that at 34th scale, a tilting hood and opening doors wouldn\'t be that difficult to add to the model. There are lots of very small parts, and some are very easily broken off, so be careful if you choose to invest. There is also a mixer version, maybe next month I\'ll look into one. The dump body lifts on a three stage cylinder and the tail gate is funtional. The tag lift axle is fixed in the up position, and large floatation tires are fitted to the front axle.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re:First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck 12 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and highly detailed. Shame that the hood and doors do not work. A bit big for your diorama too but with the detail, I can see why you bought it. Being the truck man you are. Jim

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re:First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck 12 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
reminds me a loy of those Russian trucks.

There are some superb and unique elements on this truck. that boom kinda reminds me of skip-trucks, what are the chances that the real truck could remove the halfpipe?

Re:First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck 12 years, 1 month ago #4

None. The half pipe is a hydraulic ram that lifts the front of the body, dumping the contents out the back. Think tipper, like the Matchbox Euclid dump, or the Dodge tipper.

Yes, Jim 34th is huge and is a display piece for the in house collection. The train layout is only 87th scale, the drag strip does make a good place to photograph other scales, adds some interest to the pics. The 34th scale stuff looks REALLY out of place on the layout, so I don\'t shoot the larger scales out there.

Re:First Gear Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck 12 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Rob, That is what I thought. I do like your Race Strip and lots of the medium scales would look good depending on perspective and distance.
  • Page: