A Buffet of Recent Purchases....Lots of Pics!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Buffet of Recent Purchases....Lots of Pics!

A Buffet of Recent Purchases....Lots of Pics! 12 years, 1 month ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hello fellow diecasters,  I have been adding to my collection since my last few postings and now have a good number of pictures for you so sit back and enjoy the show.

First off today we have a selection of Taylor Made Toys.  This is the same manufacturer that produces the famous Hess Trucks.  These are made in China.   These are large scale plastic vehicles with working lights and sound. various opening doors, ramps and accessories included.  A lot of them are banks.  Please watch my blog for an entry on Hess Trucks and more Taylor Made Toys.

This first one is in the livery of Lionel Trains.  A simple box van.  Therer are 4 vehicles in this series.  The other three are flatbed trailers with various loads.  Sliding side doors and an opening rear to access the bank.

The working latchbar on the rear door is a nice touch.

This one has a special run Lionel tank car sitting on three rails enbedded in the plastic flatbed.

The  other flatbeds are a special run caboose(guards van for all you EU members).  I have just received this one but have not photographed it yet.  The last one is a special non powered diesel locomotive.  I am currently hunting one.

The next two Taylor Made Toys are promotionals for Wawa, a chain of convenience stores in the midwest and northeast United States.  The first is a tank truck with beautiful crisp graphics.

I have posted pics of this one in the Racing Car Transporter thread but here we are again.
This have a very well executed Corvette on the trailer. As you can see the rear ramp folds down as do all their vehicle carriers.  Again lights and sound on this one.

And now for something completely different.  This small lot are very old issues from the Marx Toy Co.  They are roughly 1/150 scale which is why I bought them.  For 10 bucks I figure I can modify them for my N scale railroad.

At the other end of the scale spectrum we have some more First Gear Models.  These are 1/32 scale diecast metal, some of the best diecast for collectors I have ever seen.  As I mentioned in another post, these are high quality collectors models and the MSRP reflects that.  However, I constantly see these models on Ebay selling for ridiculously low prices. Some as low as $5.00 (S&H not included).

This first one is a 1951 Ford F-6 bottlers truck, a sight very familiar to the baby boomers.  These are available in a variety of liveries for various soft drink bottlers.  This one is lettered for Nitro Cola.

This next one is the same vehicle with a half stake body lettered for American Flyer Trains.

This last one is a 1960 Mack B series (a true classic Mack design) tractor/trailor lettered for a well known local NYC moving and storage company.

Here we have an Ertl 1/43 scale 1948 International KB series T/T combination.  This one is a back and lettered for Snap On Tools.

This manufacturer is the new kid on the block for me.  This come\'s from Santana\'s Miniatures of Lancaster PA.  Here is the info I have uncovered so far.  They have no website and their catalog is only a home produced brochure.  I had to call the phone number on the box.  They are two retired gentleman whose love of Lionel Trains pushed them to fill a gap in available models.  I would assume they are sold at trains shows and swap meets in the northeast USA.  These are made in China.  They are all based on the same cab/chassis combination with a variety of bodies and liveries.  They also come with plastic accessories.  It is a 1934 Ford model BB. Their first series of releases is ten vehicles of which this is #9.  A refrigerator body lettered for the Railway Express Agency.  I also know of a stake truck lettered for an ice company in grey with simulated blocks of ice, and a simple box van lettered for a moving company with a load of furniture in the rear. 

An opening hood with a well done motor and opening cab doors are very nice.

This vehicle has a dockboard/loading ramp which slides into a holder cast into the roof interior.

Okay I have save the best for last.  A trio of vehicles from Crown Premiums issued 2004-2006. All in 1/25 scale.  All are lettered for Lennox, a well known heating and ventilation Company.  All come with opersting doors and bonnets with nicely done motors, detailed undercarriages with working suspension and various plastic accessories.

2004:  A 1937 Studebaker Woody Panel Van

2005:  1952 Ford F-1 Pickup Truck

2006: 1938 Chevrolet Panel Van

I bought these as one lot and havent a clue as to which of the following accessories comes with which truck.
Everything is plastic except for the handtruck and the two large furnaces.

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Diecastduck.

Re:A Buffet of Recent Purchases....Lots of Pics! 12 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
mix and match the accessories. Those are an awesome lot.

I used to have a spree in the 1990s (instead of saving)

I love seeing all these new models especially with opening parts.
  • Page: