Bootsale Finds August 16th
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bootsale Finds August 16th

Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #1

Administrator
Not a huge amount at the bootsale today, but I came away with these:

Nice Sio Garage, missing a couple of roof signs but I think otherwise complete and in decent shape. 

Random bits of very old Hot Wheels Track from a set I can\'t identify. The stallholder had a huge cupboard which he\'d obviously bought at a house clearance and just left all the stuff inside. It was full of jigsaws and similar, and this was shoved in the back on the lowest shelf. With visions of finding a box of mint Redline cars to accompany it, I went through the cupboard witha  fine tooth comb, then accosted the stallholder and interrogated him as to whether there were any cars with it, but unfortunately there weren\'t. The white track connectors are unusual, and are stamped with the Mattel and Hot Wheels logos, but are Made in England.

Cars of the four for £1.00 variety. And a sheep. I\'ve been looking for a purple Dyane for ages. This one\'s a bit chipped, but it amazingly has no other damage. Even the hook is intact. It will do until a better one comes along. I love the Zylmex closed-roof Dune Buggy casting, even if it does look ridiculous with the Krayzee Wheels. AFX Ferrari Slot car needs front tyres while Cement Mixer is not too bad. Random lead sheep fell out of the garage when I got it home! I think it was stuck behind the loading ramp!!
This last one is actually from the last boot sale I went to, but don\'t think I posted pics of it. Mint hippified WhizzWheels VW Beetle from Corgi with steering wheel still amazingly in place! Paid £5.00 for it, which I thought was pretty decent.

Re:Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
for £5 that VW is in very very good shape. I would expect to pay upwards of £8 to £10 for it.

Re:Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
Lovely garage, I had a late 1960s version of this as a child (marketed by Corgi??) and hope to oneday have one again..........

Re:Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
now that garage brings back memories... didn\'t last long though.

Re:Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Does the purply Corgi Ctroen Dyane still have its rear hatch?

got an old yellow version of the same.

Re:Bootsale Finds August 16th 12 years, 2 months ago #6

Administrator
I have the yellow one too and yes, this one does have its hatch - and the tow hook.
  • Page: