Audi Quattro Models
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audi Quattro Models

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I thought the black grille came out and the back of the interior behind the seats.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
now there\'s a thought. got this little plastic kitset somewhere. Oh and the Dinky Toy as well. Always thought of this one as the Poorman\'s Porsche... but I don\'t fit in it...

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
here\'s my tinplate VW Beetle

And this red one I lost bidding on a couple of years ago. Its the only one I found is very similar to mine.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
You don\'t see them around anymore. Must be getting hard to find. Expensive too, no doubt.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
the red one they asked US$150 for it. As it was worse than mine and repainted badly I said no way.
In comparison I could settle my debts with my mint one... but I collect VW Beetles and this one is the gem in the collection... also sentimental value attached, used to belong to a cousin of my mum.

Ad yes Jim... very rare model.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I would not sell it until in your later years when you may need money for retirement. Will come in handy then. It is a very nice model and would love to find one. Ya right, in my dreams. I keep looking.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #22

Fresh Boarder
Been away so missed replying to the messages. The 914 is not at all bad to work on, the grill behind the rear window lifts up and gives surprisingly good access to the normal service bits, plugs etc. Most people run contacterless ignition so no points to mess about with. The fuel injection is pretty bullet proof so not a lot to do really. You can easily take the rear boot lid off if you want to get a little bit better access, but I\'ve never had the need.

The tinplate Beetle is nice, what is the manufactures mark on that? It looks like a 1959 on model with the larger back window. I have a real soft spot for tin plates, must be my age ha ha. Don\'t sell it, you will only regret it. I sold some models a few years ago to make some space and always regretted doing it and you will never find them again!!!

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Word of wisdom to live by. Thank you Middlefour.

Middlefour wrote:
....Don\'t sell it, you will only regret it. I sold some models a few years ago to make some space and always regretted doing it and you will never find them again!!!

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
was never my intention to sell an heirloom. Just lucky to have this one. Would\'ve had two, but I din\'t win the red one, and that one is a later model.

My cream version has no other markings other than JAPAN embossed on the chassis. it has a flywheel... just push gently and it should move along nicely. mind you 60 years has taken its toll on the toy. I\'ve had this for 25 years orso.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 1 month ago #25

JPL

Senior Boarder
Is that the one which had the metal roof fixed in place that was body colour? (Or did Siku just not bother to do the roof in black?)

Middlefour wrote:
A Siku model of the 6 cylinder car. There are a few versions of that model around.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years ago #26

Fresh Boarder
JPL wrote:
Is that the one which had the metal roof fixed in place that was body colour? (Or did Siku just not bother to do the roof in black?)

Hi JPL,

Sorry seemed to miss your message. The only !:! 914 with a welded in roof was the 916 of which only 11 were made. The 914/4 & 914/6 all had the targa roof which stows in the rear boot. Siku just made life easy for themselves by doing the solid roof, they could have least painted it black!!
  • Page: