Audi Quattro Models
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audi Quattro Models

Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Having won 2 of the Audi Quattro models in the Centenary Charity Auction here they are with some of my other Quattro models look good don\'t they!! The rest are mostly kits I have made from Starter, Provence Moulage, Top 43, and the La Mini Miniera transkits using the Conrad Quattro model. Hope youi like them.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I assume you are talking about the boxed one on the second shelf down and the one to the left of it. I think... Nice collection and nice of you to put it up. Thanks, always nice to see another collection, specially when the Audi I won are the first in my collection. 16 in total. Opps, did not think I would win them all but got the ones I really wanted but one you won, I think, the one in the box. Did I not bid on that, it looks familiar but I could be mistaken.
Jim

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Nobleco wrote:

[quote]I assume you are talking about the boxed one on the second shelf down and the one to the left of it. Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, that\'s the ones. The orange short wheelbase Quattro to the left of the one in the middle is the one Audi Tradition sold at this years Techno Classica in Essen to celebrate 100 years of Audi. Only 333 (strange number) made, I was lucky enough to be at the show early but they all soon sold, should have bought 2!! Always had a soft spot for the Quattro, wonderfull car.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Middlefour.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #4

Administrator
Great looking cabinet - would love to see more shots. Do you exclusively collect quattros?

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Hi, this is one of 11 cabinets I have full of models!!! I collect mainly VW, Audi Quattros, early Porsche 356 and as you can see from my avatar the VW Porsche 914, which I am lucky to have an 1:1 example in the garage, well it\'s away having some engine work done at the moment. I have been collecting for about 40 years now and my earliest VW Beetle tin plate is from 1947. I collect not only die cast and tin plate but make a lot of resin and white metal kits as well. I seem to be focusing on the 914 and Quattro models at the moment. Total is about 1500 or so, I am very lucky to have such an understanding wife, but she likes all the models as well!!!!!

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes that is a nice cabinet. Displays the toys well. By the way, on the top shelf on the right, is that a couple of Herbie the Love Bug cars you have there?

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Hi Jim, yes you are correct they are 2 Herbie \'Love Bugs\'. The front one is the Vitesse VW Museum only issue and the one behind is the standard Vitesse issue. I will post some pictures of my other cabinets soon.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #8

Administrator
Cool - do you have the early Solido VW-Porsche 914 with the opening rear decklid that you can stow the roof in as on the real car?

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Certainly do!! About 10 or so different Solido fourteens.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #10

Beautiful display and an excellent collection! I wish I could display mine as nicely, just don\'t have the room.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Middlefour wrote:

Hi, this is one of 11 cabinets I have full of models!!! I collect mainly VW, Audi Quattros, early Porsche 356 and as you can see from my avatar the VW Porsche 914, which I am lucky to have an 1:1 example in the garage, well it\'s away having some engine work done at the moment. I have been collecting for about 40 years now and my earliest VW Beetle tin plate is from 1947. I collect not only die cast and tin plate but make a lot of resin and white metal kits as well. I seem to be focusing on the 914 and Quattro models at the moment. Total is about 1500 or so, I am very lucky to have such an understanding wife, but she likes all the models as well!!!!!
now the \'middlefour\' handle makes sense as the 914 has a mid flat four... just curious about the \'47 tinplate VW. Would that be the cream coloured one with \'Japan\' on the base?

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
Hi, the 1947 tinplate is a Gama model marked \'Made in the US Zone\' It is red in colour with a sort of cast siren on the roof. I will sort out a picture. Pleased you worked out the middlefour handle........ hopefully I will be out and about in the car soon when the garage have sorted it out for me!!!

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
here\'s one from my collection of veedubs...

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #14

Fresh Boarder
A Siku model of the 6 cylinder car. There are a few versions of that model around.

Re:Audi Quattro Models 12 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
if you live in a backwater country like New Zealand you just grab anything that comes your way. Got a plastic kit as well that needs fixing up

btw, maintenance must be shocking on your 914 as there\'s not much space to work from with that black grille. Does the boot lid get removed for easier access?
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.
  • Page: