Cararama Austin Cambridge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cararama Austin Cambridge

Cararama Austin Cambridge 12 years, 3 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
I bought two Cararama Austin Cambridges yesterday - very reasonable at £5.99 and from a sentimental point of view excellent as I can remember us having one as our family car when I was a child...one is in grey with a red stripe, the other blue with a white stripe.  Ours was grey with a dark grey stripe, while a family up the road had  a Morris Oxford which was blue/cream, so the models almost match.  I also have a couple of Rover 90\'s from the same range, and can recommend them for the money.

Re:Cararama Austin Cambridge 12 years, 3 months ago #2

Administrator
I have tried SO hard to ignore Cararamas, because they are really nice, and really reasonably priced, and I really don\'t need to start collecting ANOTHER brand of diecast!!  So far, the only one I have is the Isetta with the opening door, but I\'ve seen the Cambridge and it\'s SO nice that I don\'t think I can resist any more!

I need a Cambridge, the Porsche 904, a Morgan, a Lotus Europa and one of them Zastava 600s stat!

Re:Cararama Austin Cambridge 12 years, 3 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
The early Cararamas are so well designed & made largely as a result of the company using tooling designed for the Schuco range contract.Sadly,since that contract was lost, the past 3 years has seen a considerable dumbing down of castings with doors being cast shut and clear headlamp lenses no longer being fitted.So the most collectable toys from this range are already a finite known range, and while I have no desire to get them all, the 30 odd examples I have cost me no more than £2 each mint boxed and a re all superb, especially the black Lotus Europa and Police Panda Mini, just lacking suspension but with the bonus of opening doors to complement my Vanguards.
IF Dinky & Corgi had continued from 1970 without going speedwheels & 1/36 these Cararamas are true inheritors of the traditional everyday subject street toys values.
  • Page: