Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats

Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #1

Another new Tonkin for the collection, this from the Precision Series. Peterbilt 379 2 axle with double hay flats. The Precision Series has some extra details, all air and electrical lines on the trailers and con gear are hand wired. This one will require some clean up, it has some glue haze on the cab drivers door and windscreen, and the gear shift has been installed backwards. This prompted some inspection of my other Tonkins, and at least two others have the same installation flaw.

Note the air and electrical lines in the bottom view of the trailer.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is a nicely detailed truck. I like the air and electrical lines on the trailer. Really add realisim to the model. Specially when it is on it\'s side in a simulated crash on your diorama with a wrecker there towing it out.

By the way, Your mirrors for the Holmes Wrecker are on their way to you. Should get them by next weekend. Jim

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #3

Thanks Jim! I\'ll be looking for them, that project will be complete when the mirrors are added to it.

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
You gotta post pictures when it is done. I want to see how they look. They swivel on the mount too, when mounted. At least it looks like there would be adjustment for the driver.

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #5

Yes, they do swivel. Once they get here, I can put them in place and button up the cab and get it mounted to the frame. I should have had you look into new window glazing for this also, the one I have is cracked in several places, and won\'t be hidden by any of the usual tricks.

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Well, I can get the clear plastic screen. I can also get the boom and pully, hook and ball with weight, two different mechanics, one standing with a wrench in his hand and the other kneeling and working. I can get the cab ladder, Bleack plastic Exhaust, black plastic diesel badge, air horns in brass, and the H cab road hubs. If this helps anyone, that is great.
Jim

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #7

Thanks Jim, may have you get the window for the H Ford, I\'ll let you know when I get it together and see what it looks like.

Re:Tonkin 379 Peterbilt with hay flats 12 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Just send me an email when you are ready, if you think you need one. I won\'t be ordering again until September so you have lots of time to decide. Last order for this season went in day before yesterday.

• Page: