Bargain eBay lot: Another Redline & a Politoys Fiat!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bargain eBay lot: Another Redline & a Politoys Fiat!

Bargain eBay lot: Another Redline & a Politoys Fiat! 12 years, 4 months ago #1

Administrator
Found a most interesting lot on eBay the other week, entitled \"Various Model Cars\".

I was pleased to win it for the princely sum of £1.04. I bought it primarily because it had (to my total shock when I first saw it) this Politoys-M Fiat Ghia 1500GT in it:

Paint has some edgewear, and it came with no tyres and no seatbacks. These have been replaced from my parts box, although the left headlamp is still missing. I do have one of these spare, but it\'s in a box that\'s under a pile of stuff at the moment, so it will have to wait. Still, this was the one colour I didn\'t have of this model, and although it\'s not perfect, it\'s in pretty good shape and worth far more than £1.04!

Most of the rest of the lot consisted of some badly-repainted common Matchbox models - and this:

A bit battered and in need of a new bonnet, this spectraflame blue Custom Mustang is a Hong Kong car, and amazingly, it still rolls perfectly and has perfect suspension! Glass is all-intact too.

It ain\'t mint by a long shot, but it has character!
So that\'s what, like £0.52 each?!

Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re:Bargain eBay lot: Another Redline & a Politoys Fiat! 12 years, 4 months ago #2

I\'ll add the hood to the parts list, should be easy to find, got a couple contacts that are Ford only guys, maybe even find a blue hood for it.

Re:Bargain eBay lot: Another Redline & a Politoys Fiat! 12 years, 4 months ago #3

Administrator
Thanks! The Mustang and I would appreciate a new hood greatly!
  • Page: