Budgie Seddon Diesel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Budgie Seddon Diesel

Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

It be both unidentified as I don\'t know what trailers they had. Apparently there were five or six versions available. The more popular was the green truck with yellow articulated trailer, also featured in a giftset. The other was a yellow truck & trailer from the AA.

These two are obviously orange and a red, but googling has not given me anything closer than as is.

I\'d love to know which trailers these had, and maybe a picture please???

Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO. Reason: photo

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 4 months ago #2

Administrator
I\'ve got one of these kicking around in the tail end of the stuff from this huge collection we sold off. No trailer, unfortuantely. Mine is red and blue.

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
btw... why should ppl be cautioned on air brakes???

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 3 months ago #4

Expert Boarder
There are four known variations of the Budgie Seddon Diesel Tractor with articulated trailer:  The Yellow Automobile Association Mobile Control Center,  The red version with the yellow low loader (missing the three wooden cable reels in this picture), the Timber Hauler (the one pictured in the center is a Milton Toys of India release using the original Budgie molds.  I dont know if this color is accurate).  Missing from this picture is the Seddon Pitt Alligator , Green Cab and yellow bathtub trailer.

As you can see the Budgie models on either side have a painted split radiator grille whereas the Milton Toys has a single one.  I have been told this is the way to distinguish a Budgie from a Milton.

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Heya DD, got a wee problem finding trailers for them.

I guess my red one has the lowloader... what about my orange one???

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 3 months ago #6

Expert Boarder
Okay I am gonna do a bit of speculation here based solely on my experiences with budgie toys.  First please note that my info came out of The Ramsey Guide which makes no reference to an orange one.  It might be a color variation from a gift set. I honestly dont know.  AS far as finding the trailers are concerned i see them quite often on ebay.  Go to die cast vehicles on ebay and enter budgie in to the search field.  Dont be afraid to try the ebay in foreign countries even the none english speaking ones if you are using IE with the built in translator.  you\'de be mazaed at what you can find in the way of diecast.

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
you mean collecting 8000+ diecast on last count isn\'t amazing?

with all due respect I don\'t mind advice, but... I don\'t like venturing into Europe because their standard package for most things big or small is around 20 Euros.

The only reason I deal with eBay at all is to collect diecasts from foreign countries. Just a little tricky finding Budgie trailers, because I don\'t collect Budgie at all. It was part of a locally won internet auction bulk win.

The orange appears suspect, but the others are easy to find. Just don\'t know much about Budgies.

You can have these trucks... got anything to swap

Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:Budgie Seddon Diesel 12 years, 3 months ago #8

Expert Boarder
maybe a swap in the future, why dont you hold on to them for a while and i\'ll keep my eyes peeled for the trailers on ebay.
  • Page: