won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky

won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky 12 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

At least I think that\'s what I\'ve identified from this lot. The photo is from the site I won it from, so better pictures once they arrive.

The Benbros is that orange tractor next to the tank. 
Several versions of Matchbox here. The Peugeot Quasar was one of my favorites back in the 1990s when Tyco owned Matchbox. Several regular wheels A\'s and B\'s. A couple of Major Pack transporter trailers, and the Bedford truck.

The Tonka truck will be given away to my nephew.
I\'ll have to identify some of them as I\'m not sure what they are. I think those orange and red lorries on the left are Dinky Toys. As well as the canon.

Initially I wantedthis lot because of the Lesneys, the Kingsize Porsche Turbo, and the Corgi Landy, The two VW vans, the Thames van, and the Ford Zodiac Convertible (peach), nice to see another Citroen DS.
And ofcourse there\'s one FunHo! digger, without the shovel.
Not too sure about the blue bus in the middle. Could be a bad repaint. I\'ll know for sure when they arrive later this week.

Re:won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky 12 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice score Richard. Looks to me like you got a lesney speedboat in there too. Does it still have the trailer with it? It would go with the Zodiac. I have the pair from when I was a kid. The cannon, if it is a Dinky and an 18# Field Gun, we have to talk. I think it is a 25# gun though. I am not sure but I don\'t think the two Foden Trucks on the left at the front are Dinky. I don\'t think they ever had a detachable or articulated trailer for the Fodens, all solid chassis with bodies attached.

Re:won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky 12 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
to tell you the truth, I have no idea what they are at all. I will know more once I have them in my possession.

I don\'t think the boat has the trailer. I did win a trailer once a few years ago for a Sports Meteor boat I had for quite a number of years. Then won another boat that I repainted - it was badly painted in camo. Winning another is interesting, but I don\'t think there\'s a trailer.

Re:won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky 12 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The 25 ponder look a like is actually a Britains, like I have a few of them. There is also a Mighty Midget Benbros crawler tractor which I also have. Anyway good collection with some having potential of being resurrected back to glory days.

Re:won a bunch of Lesneys, Matchbox, Corgi, Tonka, Morestone, Benbros and Dinky 12 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
thanks GunnerJim. Not too fussed about the cannon. Thought it would go well with my Dinky Kubelwagen. But as its a Britains, I gots a couple of Kubelwagens of those too. Just hadn\'t got around to Britains yet...
  • Page: