Siku Tempo Matador
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Siku Tempo Matador

Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #1

Administrator
As mentioned in the thread on the Corgi Karmann-Ghia, I stumbled across a lot with a Siku Tempo Matador in it, and won the auction! They arrived today.

It seems Siku either made two castings of the Matador, or modified it mid-run, because I\'ve seen it with two different door hinge designs and with/without holes for the roof rack. This one has the holes for the roof-rack and I think must be the later version. It also differes from the other one in that it has a camper-van interior and curtains at the windows that are cast into the window molding. There are actually two separate window moldings, with a tinted blue one used for the upper windows. All in all, it\'s a very nice little model of a charmingly weird vehicle.

This one needs cleaning (badly) and a couple of new headlight jewels, but although it has a bit of chipping, it\'s still nice.

Here\'s the pics...

It looks like an angry fish! I will post more pics once I have a chance to clean it up a bit!

The same lot also contained another great model I\'m posting separately...

Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re:Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks like a couple of Kinda surprises and yes the Matador fish look is fearful.

Re:Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
just noticed that it doesn\'t have a rear hatch molded in. probably to facilitate the camper styling. I wonder if the real thing had an opening rear window?

Re:Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #4

Administrator
I noticed that too. In the pic you posted of the one in the junkyard, it had a single side-hinged door in the back, but it might also have been available with no door - the interior of this one seems to have some sort of countertop going across the back anyway, so a door there wouldn\'t be much use.

Re:Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #5

Administrator
Now cleaner and fitted with jewels from wrecked Lone Star Impy model, here is the Tempo Matador looking better!

It\'s interesting to compare to the Lone Star Impy/Flyers VW Bus.

Re:Siku Tempo Matador 12 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Very nicely done and what a nice find it turns out to be. Cleaned up really nice. Congrates. Jim
  • Page: