Matchbox finds for the collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Matchbox finds for the collection

Matchbox finds for the collection 14 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
My latest find crusing eBay late at night. I posted the Dinky #955 in the 50 Fire Engine Thread but these 7 matchbox cars came from the same seller. $10.50 for the lot and $16.69 for the 955 Fire Engine plus shipping of $5 so not bad at all. I have some of them but some are new to me so that is even better.

DSC_0017.JPG
Last Edit: 14 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Matchbox finds for the collection 14 years, 10 months ago #2

Administrator
There\'s nothing like a good late-night eBay find! Great models!

Re:Matchbox finds for the collection 14 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
When the Tele is boring, then it is up and away surfing the Web or eBay, as you never know what you will pick up, like I mean in collecting die-casts toys. Looks like those matchies had a very good home for they are in well kept condition. Tell us that the 8 wheel crane crane hook has not been eaten by a board hungry child.

Re:Matchbox finds for the collection 14 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I actually have three of these little babies. The one in the middle is the first one I bought. I restored it but the green color is slightly off. The one on the left was my next purchase and it is rougher than my latest purchase on the right. The left crane truck also has the worst hook, bent and flattened like it was chewed on, yuk. The restored one is a little bent and the one on the right side has been bent out of  shape.
DSC_0001-9a08da330fe9010cc371742a600e7785.JPG

Last Edit: 14 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Matchbox finds for the collection 14 years, 10 months ago #5

I still have the GMC cab over reefer truck, think it\'s missing the back door, don\'t remember. Always liked that casting, another of my favorites from back then.
  • Page: