Airfix Poly Mighty Antar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Airfix Poly Mighty Antar

Airfix Poly Mighty Antar 12 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

When it comes to the veteran Airfix Mighty Antar in good condition complete with box.   They go off like hot cakes on eBay UK & US. I picked this one up after no one bidding on it the first time around. The tractor had no front wheels and the rear load ramps are missing.  Looks like there will be some handy work to do on making rear ramps out of plastic as I have failed to find any replacements. The clip on construction for assembly for rotating wheels fixed to axles that clip on the main body is all that there is on this model.  Tooling on injection mould is highly effective giving nice finish on both sides not unlike some China generics that are made these days.  The feel on the Polyvinyl plastic appears to be strong and good quality since these toys were made some 35 years ago.  I had some wheels off some other discarded toy in my junk or wrecking yard box that I have added. Just needs some paint and the look is real cool.

Last Edit: 12 years ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Someone stole my galleries.

Re:Airfix Poly Mighty Antar 12 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
This trailer looks similar to a dinky Tank Carrier. I can get ramps for the Dinky Carrier. They are about 1/2\" wide and 2\" long. Let me know if you would like pictures. Jim

Re:Airfix Poly Mighty Antar 12 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Mate, Nobleco. The Dinky replacement ramps would be too big as the Airfix Poly is HO-OO scale. The difference is the Dinky (being 1/43 scale) low-loader width is 62 mils against 51 mils for the Poly. The ramp connecting shaft for the dinky is 16 mil against 12 mils fixed rod gap on the Poly clip on. I think I made reference to the home made ramp in the blog Thorneycroft Mighty Antar history that needs to be replaced one day.

What I do need is to get some ramps for my Dinky Antar as one is broken and had been replaced by a tin one. Just one of those things I keep putting off to fix. I\'ll have to make a list of what I need in restocking in spare parts. like Matchbox black plastic wheels if you stock them and rear hatchback door for Vauxhall No38, Jaguar bonnet No 65 are just some of the parts I think that I need.

I\'ll be in touch mate on the latter.

Re:Airfix Poly Mighty Antar 12 years, 5 months ago #4

Try the ramps out of the Airfix 72nd scale Scammell tank transport.
  • Page: