Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck

Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #1

Just got this one in the mail. Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck.  The scale is bigger than N scale and smaller than HO, so I\'m guessing it is around 1.100 scale. It\'s in really good shape, just a few paint chips here and there.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #2

Administrator
Very nice find - and it looks like they may have saved money by using the wheel hubs from the standard 1/43 cars only painted yellow instead of being plated!

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #3

It looks like they gave up on the hubs, just quit making the mold all together. I\'ve got another one for a project, and need to find one more to complete the project. If anyone has a beater that\'s available, send me an e mail, please.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #4

Administrator
Do you need another complete model or just the wheels?

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
It is a petty they didn\'t use the wheels of the scraper, at least they look like wheel hubs. Well then again Matchbox had used different wheels when they ran out of stock sometimes. Maybe the Italians had the same problem. Actually I am after the tractor part of the scraper as I have the rear end.

Nice truck though.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #6

Just 8tires and rims actually. I\'ll have to make the new dump body from scratch. This is what I have in mind.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #7

The seller of the other Euclid I bought just e mailed me and said her dog ate the truck, so I\'ll be needing a couple of these. If anyone has a line on them, please let me know, thanks, Rob

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
was just wondering if the Corgi Major truck wheels may have the more realistic version for the hubs?

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #9

The scale is about 1.100, smaller than the Corgi Major. There is a Dinky mini version that I just picked up (pics when it arrives) and the Matchbox version. The Mercury is just slightly bigger than the Matchbox 10 wheel Euclid.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
whaoh, didn\'t realise it was so tiny

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I have the Matchbox #30 Dumper. Plastic hubs. Looks the same. Jim

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #12

This is the Mercury on the left and Matchbox on the right. Although they are both Euclids, they are different models, The Mercury is a R40 model R rock 40 tons hauled (rated) and the Matchbox is an earlier version of a smaller, FFD model, I think.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I have the Matchbox model here, in need of restoration by the way, and when I saw yours it looked streatched out on the box and rear frame rails. Now I see the two side by each and I can see that indeed that is the fact. Too bad matchbox did not make a decent wheel for this model. I have some odd hubs here and may be able to find something now that I have a good idea of the size compared to the model I have here. That helps alot.

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
they came with two different hubs

Re:Mercury Euclid R 40 dump truck 12 years, 4 months ago #15

The Dinky I just bought has different hubs, and looks to be the same as the Mercury. I don\'t have it in hand yet, this is the pic from the listing.
  • Page: