More Like a Find but What is it?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: More Like a Find but What is it?

More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I know it is a London Taxi, Made in China. Die Cast Body and
Base Plate. One piece wheels and tires that really look good. They ride on wire axles like Hot Wheels
. Red plastic interior with right hand drive.  It has \'No 61081\' on the bottom as well as FEVA. Is Feva the maker? Never heard of them! Anyone know about this toy.

I found it in a box at the dump, if you can believe that, and it is near mint condition.
Any Help would be appreciated in identifing this toy. Jim

DSC_0001.JPG
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #2

Jim, I think it\'s a Maisto, and a pretty recent release to boot. I think it\'s the one I was looking at at Wal Mart couple days ago for a hair brained custom project.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
oldtruck56 wrote:
Jim, I think it\'s a Maisto, and a pretty recent release to boot. I think it\'s the one I was looking at at Wal Mart couple days ago for a hair brained custom project.

Not too sure about that. Another site sent me a link to
Feva UK but not much there. They make promo models and such. Still looking and thanks for the info. Jim

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Could it be a Realtoy as they have the London Bus and the Taxi series as well in the Souvenir trade. I am going by the super-fast type wheels, but then again they could be generic types used by many toy maker.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #6

what scale is this? The Maisto was Hot Wheels/Matchbox regular line sized and didn\'t have opening doors (I had to go back and look) so it\'s not from them. I don\'t have FEVA in any of my books, so can\'t help there.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
actually one of the 1/64 Matchbox London Taxis did have opening doors. The recent one by Mattel-Matchbox doesn\'t.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Not sure of the scale. It is bigger than Matchbox but smaller than Dinky so maybe 1:48 or so?

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Will have a look at the tourists shops next time I am near Parliament or in Trafalgar Square, they have lots of London taxi models and report back.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #10

Jim, I found this Tomica Austin over on TTP, maybe this is it?
tomica_austin_cab.jpg

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Was thinking, the wheels look like from Majorette.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Robs pictures looks close. It has the right wheels and the red interior and looks to be the right size but hard to tell with out a reference for size. Richards is close too but has different wheels and a different color interior. Still can\'t tell scale on this pic either.  My model is about 3\" long, 1 1/8\" wide and 1\" tall. Would Tamika not put their name on the bottom of the model? Same with Majorette? I did follow a linke someone left me and it did say that Feva made promo models but not pictures or discriptions of the models. Sooo, still looking. Thanks for your efforts guys. It is appreciated.

Jim

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #13

I wish I had a reference for size, the item description says 64th, and no mention of size in inch/mm. It looked right, and your measurements are about the 64th scale size. I don\'t have anything here made by Tomica, and Majorette is marked on the bottom of the ones I have here.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Some Majorette\'s of mine don\'t say Majorette on the bottom. They don\'t even mention France. They do mention China, and I believe for a time production was moved there because it was cheaper.

Re:More Like a Find but What is it? 12 years, 5 months ago #15

When i was looking at bases last night, I didn\'t check country of origin. I\'ll check when I go back into town.
  • Page: