An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler

An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1

<p>As mentioned before, several Dutch PD members are also members of the NAMAC. The NAMAC has an active facebook group, and we shwo our purchases, finds, tips, tricks and restos just like we do here on PD.</p>
<p>A fellow collector posted that he has received a Nash Rambler in a lot, did not want it and was willing to ship it for free to the first collector that answered his post. Only shipping to be paid.</p>
<p>So I answererd him and yesterday I received it for the handsome sum of 3,64 euros As you can imagine, I am happy.</p>
<p>I think I will chop it up behind the C post and make a pick-up of it. Or do you have better ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 month, 3 weeks ago #2

Searching the internet on more info about the Nash, I found this. Looks familiar, and it is over 8 years ago
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...d=50738&Itemid=0

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 month, 3 weeks ago #3

Gold Boarder
Hi Theo,

Good idea to make a pickup.
If you want an easy job you can convert it into an ambulance.

Best Regards - Wolter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 month, 3 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
A Pick up like the Ford Ranchero or the Chevrolet El Camino would be great.
I have all three versions but only the Cross Country has suspension and it has pushable steering. Push down on the left side and it will turn left and on the right side it works the same way. The one I have on my desk has broken suspension and the eyelet that holds it is gone so maybe it is floating inside the car. It is also a newer model of the Nash Rambler as you can tell from the front grille and headlights. They are dual headlights on the Cross Country and only single headlights on the others.

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 month, 3 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Wolter has a nice code 3 Ambulance there. Thanks for showing an alternative livery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krul

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #6

Time to give you all an update on the Nash Rambler. The first step is the caustic soda bath

sawmill grill castle hayne

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #7

After that some polishing was needed. Nice to see the word RAMBLER so clear inside the casting

breakfast restaurants wilmington nc

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #8

Then: decision time. I decided to make a pickup truck out of it, so out came the saw and I chopped happily away in the roof

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #9

The next step was to think about the back of the car. I could not leave it as it was. The window unit had to be shortened to fit the shorter roof first and after that I had to think about a floor in order to hiding the baseplate. And then I thought: wheel arches are needed too.So out came a plastic rod that once used to be a part of a curtain rail. The inside diameter fitted just for the wheel

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see another Code 3 of this great Rambler. Should look good when done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #11

I previously made a plastic test floor. Then I used some aluminium tot make a real floor.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 6 days ago #12

I glued the wheel arches and both the "covers" of the wheel arches with superglue into place

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 5 days ago #13

Platinum Boarder
A great idea for the wheel arches, I have always boxed them in.

Re: An almost free Dinky Nash Nash Rambler 1 week, 4 days ago #14

Platinum Boarder
yes, very creative arches solution. This project is looking great!
  • Page: