Four more Minis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Four more Minis

Four more Minis 12 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
just received my latest wins in the post: a Dinky Mini, Corgi Morris Mini, Corgi Austin Mini, and a Corgi Austin Mini Countryman. All are from the same seller and need to be restored. You\'ll get a kick out of this... the Dinky Mini is partially and badly restored. Apparently it suffered squash damage and both windscreen pillars are replaced by match sticks. Bad repaint shows as well. Another tiny project.

(Edit) Whoops, my bad... forgot that my Police vans and the green van are Austins. Wonder why I forgot that?

This is my first Austin Countryman and it still has its doors - needs a good cleanup. 

Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:Four more Minis 12 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
DE Javu>? Cogie Austin and Morris Mini Minors use the same body casting and windscreen. Did I not say that somewhere else??>>>

Re:Four more Minis 12 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Matchsticks, maybe they make the Mini go faster. It will be interesting to see the finish restoration thou. Best of luck mate.

Re:Four more Minis 12 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
yeah, this one is going to be interesting.

Re:Four more Minis 12 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder

Corgi Austin and Morris Mini Minors use the same body casting and windscreen. Did I not say that somewhere else??
you\'ll have to give me the link, Jim. Haven\'t had so many Minis of the same manufacturer at the same time for a long time. Anyhoo, editted my post, forgot that my five vans are Austins. Interesting to see the detail on the grilles. From honeycomb Mk1 to the Mk2 slats. This is where it gets interesting. the Mk2 slats are also used for the Morris. Not as refined though. I\'ll have to ponder on it more... make new photos.
  • Page: