Old Matchbox Prime Mover.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Matchbox Prime Mover.

Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

I bought this one on eBay last week and it came from Melbourne area. Goes to show that there is some still left to be sort after. Some paint chips and tow hook broken off but other wise, still in good condition as far as the die-cast goes. The tractor is about 125 mm or 5 inches long. Came into production about 1949 with lettering cast under the cab roof \"Made in England\".  Maybe someone can tell me how long these were in production.

Last Edit: 12 years ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Someone stole my galleries.

Re:Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
One of my books lists the toy as first being issued in 1950 and is classed as an Early Lesney. It came in 3 different combos of Prime Mover with Trailer & Bulldozer. The Mover was always orange. The Trailer was first orange and then blue. The Dozer was first all green then all orange and the last set was a yellow Dozer with a Red blade. MIMB price varies from $350 to $750.
Nobleco

Re:Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
in other words a very lucky find. I was surprised that a lot of the early pre-lesney models found their way downunder.

Re:Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I agree, a good find and I don\'t think I would repaint it either. Probably worth more as it is . Fix the hook if you can. JN

Re:Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
No repaint for this one. I\'ll keep it the way it is, as it adds some character to its history, if I only knew more about it. I only repaint if die-casts are real wreaks, that is for sure. I read your article on how to silver solder and have to experiment one day like. I am gunner do this and that one day. I also have visited your Web site to see what was for sale in spare parts, but you didn\'t have what I was after. Next time there mate maybe.

Re:Old Matchbox Prime Mover. 12 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
My web site does not have a lot of things on it. Go to my eBay store and you may find what you are looking for in the over 500 items listed. Just do a search or send me a PM with what you are looking for and I will see what I can do.
Jim
  • Page: