Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds!

Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #1

Administrator
Went to a boot sale today and found lots of nice things! And I didn\'t pay more than £2 for any of the cars!

Some Matchboxes...

Some Corgis...

The Lincoln is a wreck, but...

by some MIRACLE, it still has the battery pack in the base for the TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was amazed to find two Schucos, one Guisval, a Norev mini-Jet and a Redline Ford GTJ WITH the rear hood clamshell intacct (although missing a wheel!)

Matchbox sprially race set! (I did pay more than £2 for this!)
But it came with four nice Mbx Streakers!

There was also a Majorette three-pack and a hideous Avon aftershave bottle shaped like a VW Beetle!!!

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I like the Lincoln. Does it have the TV Still. mine is missing all the internals. JN

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Does the TV still work and they must have made it for those wee Leprechaun\'s of good old Ireland. By the way, very nice find.

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #4

Administrator
Thanks!
It\'s still got the battery pack, the bulb and the metal connector, plus one of the slides is in there - I need to check the bulb\'s OK and give it a clean, and then we\'ll see!
This model is ALWAYS missing the TV stuff, and it\'s not available as repro. Even the mintest models usually don\'t have it, so I was pretty amazed when I saw this one and turned it over and saw it was still there.

The most useful thing, though, is that I already have the black-and-gold one in VNM condition (with no TV), but I also have the rare blue-and-tan one, which also has no TV and, in spite of having VNM paint, also has no front doors! The example I\'ve found yesterday actually has damage to one of the screen pillars (not sure if you can see in the picture), so will make a great donor car to fix up both of mine! I\'ll dig them out and make a Lincoln thread when I do.

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
Hm, I take it your are UK based?  I found car boot sales generally disappointing, what do I do wrong?

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 6 months ago #6

Administrator
A lot of them can be disappointing - it just depends who\'s there and what they have to sell. It\'s a good idea to get there as early as possible as in a lot of cases antique dealers will go round and buy up stuff right at the start. I find they\'re a good source of \"fun\" stuff, ie cheap, usually-somewhat-playworn models, although you can find total gens if you get lucky. I usually go to one every weekend, but sometimes buy nothing. Usually one in about four results in something good. Otehr times, I\'ll just come away with a couple of small things.

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 5 months ago #7

Junior Boarder
Great find!

Re:Excellent Car Boot Sale Finds! 12 years, 5 months ago #8

Administrator
Thanks! This was an exceptionallly good one!
  • Page: