Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres

Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have cleaned up and gone through a few good and bad used tyres for the Dinky and Corgi finds I wil show pictures.<br /><br />Please excuse if the pictures are hard too see as my Camera died a few weeks ago and this is from the mobile.<br /><br />
1000 most popular boy names</p>

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder

Think these are supertoys, if anyone can tell me better please do so.

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>
<br /><br />Notice the complete smooth side to this tyre wall one side where'as treaded completely on the other.</p>
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by 143Madness.

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder

I gather the grey are as fitted to the Dinky racer's and I believe from research the black are 20mm and from the dinky Speed of the Wind race car, these tyres are about the only one I really know of the exact size and what car takes them.

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder

Small Dinky.

pic hosting

Corgi Ecurie Ecossie tyres in the picture above maybe.

nearest gas station open now

More Corgi's:

wells fargo bank near me

Unknown.

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Difficult to say which is which, only by the pictures. In your picture nr 5 I see a black pile of 4 and a gray pile of 4 tyres. The black ones are hard to see but I pressume they are the same as the gray ones. If so, I would use them on Corgi Bedford like the truck of the Chipperfields horses.</p>
<p>With most common cars I use 1.5 or 1.7 mm tyres, bought in a bulk lot.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Those Kees has mentioned are Early Dink Herringbone tires and yes, they are used on the Speed of the Wind and other racers of that era. The Grey tires are Supertoy Tires and can be used on the race cars and Supertoys like the Foden and Leyland trucks etc.
The small treaded and smooth tires in pic labeled Small Dinky, smooth tires are regular car and small truck or van tires the treaded are larger but not largest Dinky like Army trucks and some civilian truck and vans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 1 week ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>143Madness wrote:
</p>
<p>
<br /><br />Notice the complete smooth side to this tyre wall one side where'as treaded completely on the other.</p>
<p>
<br /> <br />One flat and one rough side, not sure about these whereabouts</p>

Re: Dinky plus Corgi treaded Tyres 11 months, 1 week ago #10

Platinum Boarder
As these tires are all made in moulds there is the possibility of a miss cast or of the mould wearing out. I have seen this before in the tires I buy. Sometime 2 or 3 in an order of 200 tires. I used to buy about 500 to 700 tires every so many months but not any more. Too many others selling them now. I would say this is a miss cast tire. Unless you can see evidence of wear on the one side.
  • Page: