Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit

Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #1

<p>Today I went to a carboot sale and bought this. It was made between 1938-1946. I think it is prewar, because of the high quality in wood and cardboard, both would be scarce during WW2</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
bp store finder</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nice, a Dutch Bridge. I remember seeing these all over when we visited Holland in 2016. I really like the fact that they were of simple design and worked very very well. Crossed a few while we where there on a couple tours from the Viking Cruise we were on. This one looks like it has been hand sanded and assembled prior to sale. Looks very nice.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I am sure I posted a reply to this earlier.

If not I said , that this was an unusual thing to find & it is in excent boxed condition, were there other road sections in this series?

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #4

Jim: it was sanded, but not assembled prior to sale.
Andy: I have never heard of the brand Hoza before, so I am going to do some research. It was the first time I saw one. The seller asked 3 euros, but I haggled it down to 2 euros, because I was not sure it was complete. Had to ask the wife first

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #5

This is a bascule bridge in made from beechwood and in 10 parts. Name HOZA was created by name of the founder Jos van der HOrst from ZAandam
( Horst, Jos van der ( 1899-1976) (Zaandam) )

I now know he made dolls house furniture, an iron board, all from wood and several other bridges. Here are two imagoes I could find

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Great info and interesting subject. I thought it was a kit you put together yourself after seeing both the box and the Bridge. No way you could fold it up to fit in the box so it had to be a kit. Really nice to see. My sisters had a metal doll house when they were small. Two story with many 8 or 10 rooms. There were all sorts of small things for it ans some were lost over the years but there was a lot of wooden tables, chairs and fixtures like stove, oven, etc as well. I don't remember an ironing board but I do remember my Grandmothers and my Mom all had them built into the kitchen wall. Mom's was before we moved when I was 12 or so. They were cool and I see them from time to time in the home renovation shows my wife likes to watch. Mostly restoring old homes and updating them but keeping the old feel and look of the home. Would have been an interesting hobby back in the day before TV etc.

Re: Hoza wooden bridge buildingkit 1 year, 1 month ago #7

There is a museum in The Netherlands who has a couple of HOZA bridges.
  • Page: