Today at the NAMAC fair
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today at the NAMAC fair

Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #1

<p>And today at a very busy NAMAC fair, I met Jan Werner and his nephew who had a stall there. Together with Gerrit, who I picked up in Amsterdam and we drove together to the fair. I did buy a few models myself, not for my own collection, but for resale.</p>

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #2

A Britains Ford Tractor in the brown/drab color. I know a few collectors who are keen on this item, so I don't think it will be in my possession long.
And than 3 plastic Ferraris. I still have to find out everything about them, when I have, I shall make a new topic

And I also acted as a courier. For a disabled friend of mine, I picked up an order he placed with a Belgium seller

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice stuff you have and I like what you picked up for your friend. I am interested to know more about the service station set. Is it Atlas or another brand as I don't think I have seen them before?

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Theo, you were faster than me with creating the Namac thread......I was more or less exhausted when I came home, so I am a bit late......</p>
<p>I did not see you at the fair, but you said it, it was crowded. It looks as if you did well though. As usual I went with my cousin. At first I thought I would not be succesful, but then it happened. After that Repair shop thread I was focussed on Prameta models.........</p>
<p>I saw several, and I had the chanche to talk to an owner of a Prameta Jaguar XK120. He had it on a nice original anniversary plinth, which also holds the key. The box and all paperwork was there, but unfortunately it was many times over my budget.......still, nice to investigate in these models.</p>
<p>I finally came home with these, and they were an absolute bargain.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>I also bought this set of small tools. I have most of them already, but it is always handy to have those for a few euros!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
And the kit looks brand new and still in the package. You also found some nice Dinky Racers too. Restored I presume as you say you got them for bargain.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>It was nice to meet again, Theo. I did not buy anything, but I had good sales, earning some good money in order to compensate for a number of recent major additions. Kind regards, Jan</p>

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Indeed a brand new tool kit. The past few fairs some tool-sellers appear.
The five Dinky racers are quite wel restored indeed. I bought them for 5 euros each, and the upper shells are perfect. They might need their base done, as they are all rusty. Further some new tyres and some minor details will be added. the trailer was free, as was the Corgi racer. The trailer will be easily restored for a customer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
the plastic racer on the far left looks a bit like a 'Lucky toys' one similar to what I have seen on Ebay recently.

Will look forward to the dinky detailing,

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well observed! The plastic racer was actually just bought (for 1 euro!) because I did a  small restore on a similar one for a friend recently, and I had trouble finding the right tyres. Although it does not bear a brand, it has a motor in it and goes on a sort of Scalectric track.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #11

Jim it is an Atlas set. But I don't think it has any connections with Dinky, because I there is no indication on the box whatsoever.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo. It looks like a nice set for a service station and also looks to be about 1:43 scale.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 2 months ago #13

Expert Boarder
<p>I also went to the Namac fair and yes it was very crowded, took me almost half an hour to find a place to park my car.</p>
<p>I just bought a couple of Atlas DT models.</p>
<p>On some tables you could find them for under 10 euro's each.</p>
<p>The Triumph with anoriginal DT</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And the Jaguar in the middle of some restored and an Original twotone by DT</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
The Jag looks good in Green. I like this car a lot and have restored many and have a couple in my Car Carriers. White with Spun hubs looks good too.

Re: Today at the NAMAC fair 1 year, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>janwerner wrote:
</p>
<p>It was nice to meet again, Theo. I did not buy anything, but I had good sales, earning some good money in order to compensate for a number of recent major additions. Kind regards, Jan</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Jan, I did not see you at the fair, maybe bcause of my jet lag, having returned from my US trip the day before. Sorry for that.</p>
<p>I found these and got them in one package deal. Three Monogram 1/32 scale static models. Top to bottom: Lola GT MK6, Porsche 904 and Cooper Ford (a.k.a. King Cobra). My second find in a month of these rather rare items. You don't see them for years, and all of a sudden they pop up like mushrooms.</p>
<p>
</p>
  • Page: