A very uneventful swap meet, or........
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: A very uneventful swap meet, or........

Re: A very uneventful swap meet, or........ 1 year, 3 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>The third car from the swapmeet was a Lola GT MK6.<br />One of the rarer Monogram models. When I showed it<br />to my slot race friends in the club, I got offers from<br />all sides. Is it for sale, mention your price etc. etc.<br /><br />In comparison with the other two cars, this car was in the <br />worst state.<br />Having it cleaned it now shows its 'lesser' presentation.</p>
<p>From all five 1/32 kits I mentioned, this one is also the most complicated to build. It is a bit hard to get it right. Monogram certaily screwed up with the attachment points of the chassis, which sat way too high, making the car look like a swollen frog. But with the proper skills it can be corrected, no problem. I have two of them, both static, the blue one came from France a few months ago.
Lola is the brainchild of Englishman Eric Broadley. The name has nothing to do with the hit song 'Lola' from the popgroup The Kinks. It is from the musical 'Damn Yankees', and the song 'Whatever Lola wants'. This very car raced at Le Mans in 1963 (non finishing) and it is also famous for being the template for the ubiquitous Ford GT40. Lola still exists today and has built thousands of racing cars from all kinds of classes you can think of.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: A very uneventful swap meet, or........ 1 year, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
To finalize this subject I will show the fifth and last of the Monogram kits/slot racers, the Cooper Ford a.k.a King Cobra.
I have shown you the Ferrari 250 GTO LM, Porsche 904, Lola GTMk6 and one static Ferrari 275 P1.
Let me start with showing you some more pics of non static, race ready Ferrari 275 P1's which I have in my collection. Part Revell/Monogram re-issue and MRRC clones.

So here is the Cooper Ford, the light blue one a static kit which I got from Canada complete with its (new) box and ingredients. Mind you, the box and instructions of these kits are collectors items as such. I have constructed/glued the car in such a way so that I can take it apart and change its designation to non static if I wish. This model car really my favorite.

Here my three slot racers the gold one (MRRC) built by myself. It shows the second type (original) body with the widened/bigger rear wheelarches to accomodate wider tires.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
  • Page: