Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Is that the same Kibri that now does HO scale plastic buildings and trucks?

http://www.viessmann-modell.com/kibri/index.php?show=shop&cPath=32&lang=en&cat=c149_Diverse Fahrzeuge H0.html

Probably yes. But I'm not sure.

===

Here is the Kibri - looks a little rough! http://www.autojauneparis.com/en/fiche.php?numero=13607

This is the car that could be Mahle or Kibri. This is not for sure.

Ups where is all my written copy?

oh no not again ...
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by pixmax.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
By the way, this car is made of magnesium!!!

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Ok! After one year and 11 month I could find out a lot about the Möbius. Now I have a really big collection of Möbius cars (ca. 20). And it seems there is another manufacturer wich produced similar cars like Möbius. One Mercedes W25 here in this thread I named a Möbius. But it isn't.

More about this in my new blog article with a lot of pictures (in German – the copy, not the pictures ).

And here is the Google translated version in English.

The translation is really terrible. But it is too much for me to translate. Sorry!

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #35

Great article Michael,

I am reading it now at my holiday address near Trier: Sun, wine, a few beers and a beautiful area. oh and the tour de france next at Alp de Huez, life can't be better

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thanks! So you are not so fare away from my home town Wiesbaden.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
I have been watching the TdF recap at night in the US, so I will save this article for tonight also.  Off to work now (it's 06:00 here).  Thanks for the post, pixmix - it's a great story and what detective work you did!  

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #38

pixmax wrote:
Thanks! So you are not so fare away from my home town Wiesbaden.

About 120 km I think.

visited Wiesbaden a few times for work though, beautiful city
Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 8 years, 3 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
You are welcome to visit me. I will show you my collection.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 7 years, 10 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
pixmax wrote:
Ok! After one year and 11 month I could find out a lot about the Möbius. Now I have a really big collection of Möbius cars (ca. 20). And it seems there is another manufacturer wich produced similar cars like Möbius. One Mercedes W25 here in this thread I named a Möbius. But it isn't.

More about this in my new blog article with a lot of pictures (in German – the copy, not the pictures ).

And here is the Google translated version in English.

The translation is really terrible. But it is too much for me to translate. Sorry!

5 month ago I said there could be another manufacturer who made similar cars like Möbius. Now I must say, all cars discussed were made by Möbius. So I deleted the first article and wrote a totally new one. With more pictures and old ads. But the story is complicated.

blog.vintage-racing-cars.com/2013/12/joh...-bordsteinrenner-neu
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 7 years, 10 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
What a story! Thank you so much for the update!

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 7 years, 10 months ago #42

Indeed, a great story, with so many detailled photos

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 7 years, 10 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Thanks! And there are so many things still unknown. It will be exciting.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 5 years, 1 month ago #44

Today at the carboot I bought this heavily overpainted Möbius Mer

cedes Benz Silberpfeil. The seller wanted 10 euros but I bought it for 4 euros
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 5 years, 1 month ago #45

Stripped the paint with the use of thinner aand now the car looks like this